Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs What have you used for Peep Mirrors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldpaint, Jan 13, 2012.

1. oldpaint

oldpaint

I had some peep mirrors that mounted on the top of the door on my 56 chevy delivery, but they hit/rubbed on the drip rail. I would like to leave them off, but it's a delivery!

I am looking for ideas for peep mirrors that are different or mount different. I have searched motorcycle mirrors, lots of different stuff.

What have you used?

2. oldpaint

oldpaint

PEEP...PEEP...PEEP

I'm backing up this thread!

3. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

i used some , but found they were not all that good . i put glass wings on my car with lil clamp on mirrors . excellent vision ........... steve

4. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

ive always taken the bracket that clips over the door off,drill a hole in the top of the door and bolt it directly on the door with the flattest head screw you can find.locktite

5. oldpaint

oldpaint

Glass wings? Do you have a picture, or can you explain further.

6. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

sorry about not explaining . i have an "A" coupe . they make windwings for them . but im sure you can make them if they dont make them for your car ......... steve

maybe you can see them here .
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] my albums have a few pix . http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/album.php?u=61463

go to my daily driver

7. I found a pair of mirrors marked "57 IHC" at a swap meet a few years ago. I modified them to work as peep mirrors and welded a couple mount tabs at the top of each door. On the passenger side I installed a stick-on 3" convex mirror over the original glass for better vision...they were a bit much but definetely different!

Attached Files:

8. I used a couple of mirrors off a moped. just drilled and tapped then tightened the jam nut. They both have a slight convex shape to them so I can see my rear wheels and the road behind me without much distortion.

Attached Files:

• 104.JPG
      104.JPG
      File size:
      414.6 KB
      Views:
  9. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

That coupe is nice REALLY nice!!!!!!!!

10. oldpaint

oldpaint

Hey, Thanks for the ideas. I see what you are talking about now ratrodder34, I don't think they would work on a 56.

I'm thinking I could make a mount for my peep mirrors that would slide over the top of my vent window. I could then attach them like harpo1313 did. I might even still be able to use the vent widow if I readjust the mirror.

11. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

X2!....drooling