Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Drag cars in motion.......picture thread.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Royalshifter, Dec 12, 2007.

1. rick finch

rick finch

Some more reposts, but they're good ones....

[​IMG]

2. rick finch

rick finch

The "Stone T" unblown....

[​IMG]

3. rick finch

rick finch

4. rick finch

rick finch

5. Still_Crazy

Still_Crazy
    from . .

6. WCD

WCD

Man I loved this car. It and Mike Sullivan's inj Fiat were giant killers in that they could hook up, while the blown counterparts would smoke the tires. In fact, so-Cal promoters forbid inj cars from entering open AA/FA shows. It lead ultimately to their own seperate injected circuit.

7. Wrongway1320

Wrongway1320

here are a couple I shot on my second trip to the shakey side

8. Wrongway1320

Wrongway1320

opps guess I dont know how to upload this file type will work on learning how have a few hundred shots to share

9. Larry T

Larry T

10. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Hell,yea.A few hundred shots-Get to work on it.:D
    I use Photobucket-works ok for me
    Think Denise-Big Olds-did a thread on it.
    Try a search on here.

Hope you get it solved
    You can pm me and I will try to help you with photobucket

11. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

12. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

13. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

14. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

15. Wrongway1320

Wrongway1320

here is a shot from first trip to the Shakey Side

Attached Files:

16. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

[​IMG]

Wonder how many people around today remember something like dirt drag strips; let alone ever raced on one ? Not the salt, but clay dirt? (maybe I should start another discussion thread roll call here)
    Although my memory is becoming B&W the older I get, it's not the only reason I feel there must be a culture gap somewhere because I relate too well to shots like these.
    You just don't find photos like this frequently, and somehow I just have difficulty relating to glossy spread-shot media hyped championship style racing, of any kind.
    I never saw a Chrondek start, let alone burn outs until the late 60's when all the original strips around in my region shut down. I'll never forget going back home with our B/G car and nearly getting thrown out for doing a bleach burnout in 1971. When the track went asphalt, the no liquids on the track rule still carried over and never changed. Guys were doing dry hops and low gear across the line heat em' ups, but no one had a line lock or was doing static bleach burn outs.

Make fun and take all the pot shots at me you wish, but I think all the left coast kids playing 'beach blanket bingo' or whatever they were doing out there, missed out on some real fundamental history on one major aspect of automobile racing.
    But then again, I can't say I've seen it all because I have never raced on salt either ! And I would like to experience that before I pass. In the mean time, please dig around and post more of these; Tom S. in Tn.

17. 296ardun

296ardun

Not bad, looks like Kenny Safford and Jeep Hampshire, the later driving the F-85-powered twin, San Gabriel, early '60s...keep posting, and thanks..

18. I've raced on salt, dirt and asphalt. All have their own special qualities. With El Mirage clay, you go fast and have one hell of a clean up afterwards. With Bonneville salt you go even faster, and have to deal with rust. With asphalt you go quickest, and have no clean up if you don't blow up. Pick you poison, they are all fun!

19. pool

pool

In the mid eighties a friend and I went to Ozark Raceway to see the new pavement being put on the track surfaces. We walked the track and ended up at the top end. Looking towards the ravine we saw a single fence post and walked towards it, finding a cow skull on the way. We placed the skull on top of the post as if it was some ironic symbol if you made it that far.

20. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Excellent photo.:)

21. A little to new but the letters on that door and that girl just go hand in hand

Attached Files:

22. straightaxle65

straightaxle65

WOW! Its all I can do to not say something that would probably get me banned.

23. Mark Hinds

Mark Hinds
    from pomona ca

OK guys, a little teezer. Who can identify the cars or player and location in this photo. I have the list of the cars owners and location. I will give the identity and location next Sunday. Don't know who to give credit for the photo, that person is unknown to me. So good luck until next week...Well after posting I see a gave at least one clue..Geez

Attached Files:

24. WCD

WCD

Starting from the back: Porter and Ries, OCMP Spl, Frantic 4, Chuck Griffith, Mike Danylo, I cant figure out the injected car and the olds powered next to it. It aint the Sour Sisters as they ran Hillborn not Enderle. Plus that isnt the high back car design.

25. WCD

WCD

Why do we always have to cast the women as sex objects. Maybe she has a deep soul, an analytical mind, kindness in her heart. AND MAYBE A THE FRONT OF HER T-SHIRT IS WET...PLEASE TURN AROUND!

26. Mark Hinds

Mark Hinds
    from pomona ca

Great so far. Location???

27. Wrongway1320

Wrongway1320

Early Gasser Action

Attached Files:

28. WCD

WCD

Airline Auto Sales on either Mission or Holt in Pomona. I think a guy named Joe Mounaghan (spl) bought the lot years later. Joe was active with the UFRA circuit with a cool flathead powered Henry J that he ran in J/gas. I have an older cousin whose husband gerw up in Pomona and knew a few of the early PVTA regulars. He didnt race, he was just accquainted with these folks. I recall him being friends with one of the guys who partnered on the Cerny-Lins-Moody sereis of cars. I will ask at the next family get together.

29. R W Ohio

R W Ohio
    from Ohio

Maybe not in motion

Attached Files:

30. .................

Attached Files: