Register now to get rid of these ads!

Detroit Autorama 2012- Who's Going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by safari-wagon, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I haven't attended for 3-4 years, but plan on going this year. I look forward to finally having a chance to enjoy hangin' out with some of you at the H.A.M.B. Meet 'n' Greet.

I'll have my 92yr OLD buddy, Albert with me. I'm a health care provider. I help him out, and take him here and there. Believe it or not, he owns and rides his own snowmobile, and loves to go fast. He gets a kick outa me being a hot rodder. When he first got to know me, he said, "You're a hot rodder!...I haven't hung out with a hot rodder for a long time!" He says he wants me to get my Hudson on the road, "so we can burn rubber"...LOL!...cracks me up. He's actually the instigator for me going to Cobo this year...he's mentioned it a number of times. You guys wanna meet old Albert? He's just the nicest guy, with a disarmingly sunny disposition, and I know he'd enjoy meeting all of you.

Even though Albert does amazingly well, I'm gonna put some wheels under him, so he doesn't have to walk so much. Does anyone know if wheelchairs or something similar are available at the show? If not, I'll bring one. I can't remember if there's wheelchair access to the basement. An elevator? Anyone know?

The meet 'n' greet is on Saturday, correct? Early afternoon? Thanks, guys.

2. Cantstop

Cantstop

thinkin about goin this year just to meet some of the fellow HAMBers, that way I can put some faces to people. Hoping to have a good time as well. Glad to hear the ricers were kicked out of the basement..

3. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

We are working out the details to have the RPU in the basement. It would be the first meeting with all my Detroit Roadents car club members. Really hoping this works out.

4. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Rickybop, I've always taken the escalator, but I'm 90% certain there's an elevator. If nobody's given a definitive answer by then, I'm going to the Auto Show on the 20th and will let you know.

Very cool you're taking Albert.

-Dave

5. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Dave! Hey...just realized...Albert doesn't have to sit, so he can take the escalator just fine. So either way, we're good!
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

6. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

I do know there is an eleavator in one back corner.I have seen parents with strollers using it.

7. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

I'll be there, and with any luck, the roadster will be too.

8. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome. Thanks lstwsh!

9. Heck, I like Albert already....click on the ' River Level 0 ' arrow to see the basement's floor plan....there appears to be two elevators in the hallway behind the escalator. I'm going to the Auto Show Thursday, so I'll see if I can find those escalators down there for you tomorrow.

http://www.cobocenter.com/planners/event_spaces_1

10. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks so much SW! I remember the escalator, and that floor plan shows me where the elevators are too. Cool.

Cory, your roadster is beautiful! I hope I see both of you there.

11. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

I'll be there trying to make a buck selling my artwork in the artist row with some other great artists!! Make sure to stop by and say hello. Should be a great weekend from what I'm told.

12. Ontario55

Ontario55

I'll be there all day Friday with the Canon
    Ontario55

13. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Going to make it this year finally, it will be my first autorama. Im looking forward to it.

14. SuperJim

SuperJim
    from Minnesota

I've never attended this one, but maybe this is the year, as I've always heard it's one not to miss.

15. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man, some of you get so fired up about 'Rama. Big freakin deal! What's all the fuss about? Y'all talk like it's the greatest show on earth, never to be missed. Get a life already.

I'll be there. Missed a couple here and there and now I have the motivation to really enjoy it. This is a show that should never be missed. I don't who that asshole was typing that lead to the reply. :cool::cool::cool:

16. smitty city

smitty city

i'll be there on saturday, ridin' up on the bus from dayton, takin' some art to be auctioned. nice winter break/get together with 60 other car guys, i look forward to it every year.

17. coupedevil

coupedevil

We will be driving and entering the deuce in the basement. See you all there

18. I'll be there on Friday.

19. Mike53

Mike53

Yes,missed last year,cant remember why,must be gettin old?:confused:

20. dart165

dart165

All this talk of the upcoming show reminds me of a few years ago when i pulled in, then my rad puked it's guts out on the floor... Luckily it was so cold that year that i made the drive home without over heating even though my rad was worthless. lol

[​IMG]

21. Spike!

Spike!

I might go..I might not...I'm poor.

Spike

22. If I can find a hole in the weather, I will be there.

23. 39 sledge

39 sledge
    from p.a.

no go this year my new job is filling up my time thank god im busy!have fun guys maybe next year.sledge.

24. JKB

JKB

Almost ready!

Attached Files:

25. Bringing this up again. Looks like Detroit is shaping up to be great this year.

26. Hooptologist

Hooptologist

I got my set-up / move-in paperwork today, I can't wait, been wanting to take a car down to Cobo since I was a kid.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  27. fast Ed

fast Ed

Hoping to make it down again, missed the past two years. Would just be as a spectator though, I have nothing that is Cobo Hall-worthy. :p

cheers
    Ed N.

28. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

Im entering the 53' this year.
    Freaked out a bit, mainly on getting it there.

29. slammed58buick

slammed58buick

I'll be there upstairs, helping with a couple of cars and our booth. Also, I am looking forward to some Slow's Bar-B-Que