Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chevy wagon in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

So Friday when I got home my complete air ride kit came in the mail , today day fugaring out how I was going to run everything ,I mounted the two compressors and the 8 valves inside the quarters , and ran all the air lines , so when I get to final assambly things should go a lot faster and there should be no suprises , knock on wood , I'm still trying to fugar out how I'm going to get the tube of lipstick out of the air tank (that my youngest daughter stuck in there) with out cutting the tank to peices , also as big as this car is I'm really running out of room to put things, I actually had to put 4 of the valve on the inner driver side quarter because I'm just out of room on the passanger side .
    And tonight I'm going out in the home garage and im starting on the custom side molding and rear hood catch setup , so if it's not too late I might post some more pics when I get done.

Attached Files:

2. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

yah getting it in primer and finally all one color deffentily made my week :D last week
    Thanks Jim
    Yah it is some great stuff , we use it all the time at work so yah i know there still a lot more blocking to do :eek:, thanks againr the kind words ,

3. Rattaxi48

Rattaxi48
    from ohio

i would paint that over a semi any day i have done it. it really sucks. let me know when its ready ill be down.

4. 2dr_sedan

2dr_sedan

wow, inspiring, looking forward to watching this get finished.

5. MP&C

MP&C

Cody, awesome build, good to see it get to the paint stage....

6. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Will do nate , :D
    Thanks
    Thank you, im sorta close to the paint stage , but i still have to take the body off the frame so it will be a little while before i actually get to that point .

7. KOOL Wagon, the hood is nice wirk. A hydraulic convertible ram set will rasise and lower the hood and keep it snug, plus very trick. I put them on half tons too. Nice

8. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks for the idea , but i'm to the point where im just going to keep it mechanically simple .

9. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

So today I spent the day engineering and making the back part of the hood catch/ slider mechanism, and a hood prop rod , I made the base out of 3/8 stainless and a couple of bolts and washers , i know some of you out there might think yah these parts are easy to make , and yes they are if you have a mill and a leath , but I don't so it took a little longer and with just simple Hand tools and a lot of grinding i got them done , I'm happy with the way it turned out and the hood catch and slider works great . When I made the prop rod I made it so it will rest inside the base of where the hood catch slides , so it has a duel purpose. At home i've been working on my custome side moldings, is will still just the fender and front door but , it will be a lot thinner and Its stainless instead of aluminum ,

Attached Files:

10. oldman2

oldman2

Catch/slider looks great, that stainless spear is really nice.....Jim

11. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks Jim , with the stainless side spears , the reason why I decided to make them is I fugared it would be a heck of a lot cheaper and a lot less time than trying to straighten my orgianal ones and having them sent out to be chromed , and so far I have 20$ bucks in it and an hours worth of time :D

12. chaddilac

chaddilac

Cody... we need to have a sit down.... can you please post larger pics!!! :D

I dig that last image of the wagon sittin' down and with whitewalls all kinds of tucked!! Looks great!!!

13. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

I wish I could too , see Ive been using the jj app for my I phone to download my pic , and ever time I try to use the larger scale for the pic the app crashes , and I've deleted it and re downloaded it many of times and the app still does it so I don't know what's up , also since my home computer is down and this is the only way I have to post pic , , so yah I would much rather post larger pic but it's all I got righ now :confused: sorry

14. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Just trying to see if I can load larger pics from TJJ app

Attached Files:

15. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

It looks the same to me so if aney one knows how to upload large pic from the TJJ app i'de greatly appericate it .

16. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

I'm gonna ups you my camera so you can take some bigger pics!! Like Chad said, that last two are the shit! If it woulda been a little further back and a lot bigger, it's screensaver fodder!! It looks great! Keep it up!!
    BTW, I hope to soon join the 59 crowd, I traded my A for a 59 elco. I just have to make the drive to do the deal now!!

17. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

yea, that one is bigger. edit: post 736 that is

18. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

It looks great! I've said it before several times but it really does. The hood catch and prop came out great.

It's a little more work but you could download the PhotoBucket app and upload your pictures to it, copy the IMG code and paste it onto your text body. I do that sometimes when I don't feel like getting on my Mac or if I just need to download a single picture.

The only downside is if you upload too many pictures to PhotoBucket and exceed their limit, your pictures won't show. Of course, you needn't worry if you have the Pro account setting.

iPhone - TJJ app

19. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thanks , i wish the JJ app was the way it was when i first got it , i could load large pic verry simple ,but for some reason they changed it up now im stuck with putting the smaller one on here :mad:,even if my computer was working right , its still hard to find the time to go threw the process of downloding them and then posting them , if only it was simpler :eek:

i cant wait to see the elky what kind of shape is it in and what are your plans for it ?

Thanks Matt, ill have to give it a try , but on the other hand i would probley exceed there limit verry quickly ,:D i still have to find the time to take the 4500 pics off of my i phone.

20. 59brokewood

59brokewood

I cant fix the quality but atleast now we can drool over your wag without a magnifying glass ;)

Attached Files:

21. 59brokewood

59brokewood

Click on the pic now. idk why it still shows thumbnail view i doubled it in size

22. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I used to have that problem. I definitely know what the feeling is like. Haha.

What annoyed me was for the longest time, you couldn't put the pictures into separate albums so scrolling through all those pictures to find a particular picture took quite a while. A week after I got my Mac and uploaded everything onto it and deleted it all off my iPhone, Apple had that new update with the photo albums feature. Yeah, timing is not my forte.:rolleyes:

23. 59brokewood

59brokewood

Forgot to say... that is one beautiful 59 wagon. Nice work cody !

24. Hooptologist

Hooptologist

That is one BADASS wagon!!!

I wish I had skills like that, I've had all kinds of highdeas for mine.

25. BSL409

BSL409

That 59 Looks MmMm Good

26. kean

kean

Today is Monday!

27. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

A Big thanks for everyone compliments again it realy means a lot.

yah it is :D

28. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Now to the usual Monday updates , nothing too exciting today I finally finished up the motor mounts on the frame , finished the rest of the metal work on the firewall and did some sanding on the driver side . Sorry for the small pictures again guys, for some reason it won't let me load them in the larger scale :(

Attached Files:

29. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

Looks good cody..........even if I have to squint to see it! hahaha! just bustin your balls man! I can't wait to see this project finished!
    I went to OK and picked up the 59 elco this weekend, and went out to west texas and got two 59 four doors for donors. Hopefully I can keep up the motivation to do the elco justice!

30. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks man , i cant wait to see it finished also , its been a long drawn out build , have you posted aney pics yet of your elky yet ?