Register now to get rid of these ads!

What street/City did you cruise in High School?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 73super, Feb 5, 2010.

1. tofords

tofords

Van Nuys blvd. socal every Wednesday nite

2. 1969-1970....Woodward Avenue from the Detroit river to Pontiac...mostly Royal Oak. Telegraph Road, too. I was in my dark forest green 1968 Roadrunner with flipper windows, bench seat and a four speed 383. I would race anything in sight. Didn't lose much.

3. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

Main Street downtown in the mid fifties

Jim

4. ironpile

ironpile

Around the square,5th st to the A&W,on to the skating rink,scope it out and back to tha square,park and watch the other crusiers. In Carrollton Il. in my 34 5window. 58-60

5. bushwacker 57

bushwacker 57

Early to mid 60s 4th st San Rafael Calif Marin county.

6. Seattle Washingtons Alki beach and the Renton loop, $0.50 a gallon gas, hot babe's and a rolling juke box . still got that old 65 galixie lol no where near as nice at it used to be .................... :( .............. may get her rolling again someday .

7. kodiak621

kodiak621
    from Reseda

Wed. Night- Van Nuys Blvd til the cops would close the street off around 9pm.

8. Hertel Ave, Buffalo NY in an orange 55 chevy.

9. StrickV8

StrickV8

Lawrenceville, GA in the mid to late 80's. Of course my 53 Merc flathead couldn't keep up with my buddies' 55 Chevy, 67 Camaro, and 68 Firebird.

10. 3340

Toledo, Ohio, Sylvania Ave. And Secor Rd." White hut Hamburger " Was The Hang Out 1960

11. I only got to see the "beginning of the end" in the mid 70's

at 'Eat-N-Park' on RT22 in Monroeville,Pa. (just east of DaBurgh)

The older guys would rumble around the dinor lot shakin'
    the ground with muscle cars 'till a bad-ass look became a drag race
    right there on the four lane..........:D

damn, sometimes, only sometimes, those were the days.....:cool:

12. bigalturk1

bigalturk1

Providence R.I.:
    We used to cruise Broad street in my 57' Chevy, and if we had enough gas money we would continue on to Warwick Avenue. In that 5 mile length you could usually find all kinds of Gals... in any color!
    Just watch yourself around Downtown after 2:00am...."She" may be a "He!"

13. flyinlow1000

flyinlow1000
    from SE Wa. St.

I remember "buggin State" back in 67 & 68. Park down at the dock..Find some girls and run up to Ripley and grab a couple sixers. Them were some good ole days.. I haven't been back there since 70. Wonder what it looks like..

14. speedchangesyou

speedchangesyou

I was in the Nomads back in the 60's cruised Hawthorne, the Witch stand, big donut in Englewood and the A&W on Hawthorne....Great times

15. "Milliken" in Ontario, California. In the early 90's we had a full 1/4 marked off on Valley Blvd. Hot Rod even did an issue with some of the "un-sanctioned" tracks across the U.S. A couple of my buddies cars were on the cover. The cars got faster, even the rice burners, and the participants seemed to get a little less intelligent. Eventually some people got killed. The cops started to crack down big time.
    I sure miss the days of trailer rides, sponsors covered in tape, hanging the front ends and rocketing down the road. Nothing like the smell of race gas and dairy farms. Both are gone now :(

16. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

When I was a junior I cruised Magnolia Ave in Riverside, Ca then my Parents moved to Prescott, Az so for my senior year We would drage race around the Prescott court house... Didn't go for very long since the police station was just a block away.

17. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

Cherokee Village,Highland,Hardy, and Ash Flat Ar. small towns USA...

18. jesse1980

jesse1980

Ridge road in downtown Lansing IL. In a maroon 1987 Monte Carlo SS.

19. speedchangesyou

speedchangesyou

I posted once but hearing all this gets me thinking about the old days again....Summer 1962, Hawthorne Blvd, The Witch Stand, Lions Drag Strip...cruising the A&W off of 133 and Hawthorne Blvd, meeting in the center divider talking crap and making plans to street race...what a great time!!!!

20. Have I posted on this thread?

In case I haven't, Portland, Hillsboro. Forest Grove, Banks, McMinnville, Vernonia, Lincoln City, Beaverton in Oregon. I got around a lot.

Eldon, Bagnel Dam and Camdenton in Missouri.

21. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

Early through mid 70's
    Tustin Ave in Orange, CA (home)
    Whittier Bl
    E St in Berdoo

If I had all that money today I spent on tires back then.......:D

22. cartoon14

cartoon14

Park Ave from Dairy Queen to 19th hole

23. Last Chance Gulch in 65-67, the main drag in Helena Montana. In my 49 Ford more door, and my buddies 51 Chev more door with a split manifold and dual glass packs

Lee

24. BAD A

BAD A

What town?

25. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Riverside was the Bomb for a couple decades of cruising!

26. drifters cc

drifters cc

Early 60's Cheektowaga NY,Union Rd. by Airport Plaza and across the street there was a Henry's Hamburger joint 10c hamburger and a lunch bag of fries for 50c.We'd cruise down to the new Holiday Showcase where the car hops would serve up your order (no 10c hamburgers there) after you placed the order from a drive up parking space that had a speaker to place the order.The street racin was out on Aero Dr.(by the airport) or downtown Bflo. on Ohio St.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  27. murpa

murpa
    from .

hopkins, minnesota in the mid to late 70s some of the best times in my life.
    it was like american graffiti. i still have the the car a 1968 ss/rs camaro.

28. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

"Let's take a trip down Whittier BLVD"
    Cruised the East L.A./Montebello side and the Whittier side and I lived in Whittier at the time, off Mills and Lambert, about half a mile from the the BLVD.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  29. jimbousman

jimbousman

1965 - Wisconsin Ave. downtown Milwaukee Wednesday and Friday nights. No businesses were open except Marc's Big Boy. Just a lot of cars doing stoplight drags. Drove 20 miles to "bop the ave" for ten blocks.

30. Drive'em

Drive'em

Being born and raised in Dayton, Ohio we cruised Parkmoor Drive-in on the North side and Frishe's Big Boy on the South side from the 60's through the mid 70's