Register now to get rid of these ads!

Steve Stanford art website??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by poncho, Aug 6, 2007.

1. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

I visited Sanitni's back in June and I think Steve was moving his office back to Santini's.
    BTW, you won't meet a nicer, more humble guy in the automotive world than Steve!!
    He lettered an "LT1" and bowtie on my wife's OT '96 Caprice.

2. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

Steve is the GREATEST.. Roger

3. altx67

altx67

Hi, newbie here, I love Steve's work....does anyone know how to get in contact with him? I would like to build a car based on one of his drawings in magazine form the 90's.... Now I have the $$ scaped together, but i'm not sure if I can without his permission.. I'm guess his work is copy writed... Can someone point me in the right direction...signed "lost"

4. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

I love Steve and his work. He's a top notch guy all the way and always been a big inspiration for me.

5. Racewriter

Racewriter

If it appeared in a magazine, you can build it without his permission. The intent of all the 'sketchpad' features in magazines was to give guys ideas for building cars.

6. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

Why don't any of the major auto manufacturers hire this man?

Yet another reason why gm sucks. But i digress............

7. The Clock poster has been reprinted and is available at the link below as are the Grapevine poster and the El Dorado Brougham poster. Steve Stanford is quite an artist and that Clock poster is unreal.

8. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Steve Stanford , great artist , good friend , and quite posibly one of the most computer challenged people that I know . Unfortunetly , I don't ever see him having a website .

9. Ah thanks for the link - I´ll be ordering that Clock poster.

Steve Stanford is a huge inspiration to me.

10. Rodding USA

Rodding USA
    from Tucson, AZ

I'm trying to get hold of Steve to do a story on him. If you have a number or email it would be appreciated. I can be reached at [email protected]

Thanks,
    Paul Martinez
    Editor

11. ...I'll second this; always loved all his work.

12. I'm looking to get in contact with Steve, is someone abel to either PM me an address or phone number?

Thanks,

13. Steve did this for me around 1980 (see how MUCH his work's progressed). My tow vehicle and street race car. I actually lost this for 20 years (long story)

Attached Files:

14. PM sent

15. Hi Guys,

We will be slowly working on that website with Steve, but he did let us start a Facebook page last night. We have alot of never before seen pieces of Stanford art that we will begin sharing with everyone.

Steve would like to thank all of you for your kind words and encouragement. He truly appreciates you guys on the Hamb , and asked me to reach out to you and let everyone know we are building a site and will have limited edition prints coming soon.

For now please like us on facebook , we will continue to update that page with more Stanford artwork.

Thank you,

Katherine Morris

https://www.facebook.com/Stevestanforddesigns?ref=br_tf

16. Now that's some great news. Thanks Katherine.

17. virtualvanner

virtualvanner

This is great news, even better if his renderings are made available for sale on the website.

18. Hello,

We will be putting out very limited runs of prints every quarter. At the moment Steve is comfortable with 4 styles at quantities of 100 which he will sign and number. We will also be offering some of his own original pieces, many of which are phantom vehicles from the mind of Stanford. Steve appreciates you guys on the Hamb so he wanted you to be the first with the news. Look for press releases later in the year.

Thank you for the welcome,

Katherine

19. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

This fantastic Katherine…

20. RDR

RDR

This is really GOOD NEWS.....
    great artist and good friend.
    thanks to you and your brother for getting Steve into the 21 century:D
    Randy

21. Thank you,

We have known Steve since the early 80's when he was with Bill Carter. Bill was a friend of my Dads. Steve is a very close friend of our family but it has taken some push to get him to finally join us in the the 21st Century.

We have been in the auto industry since birth, and have worked on many projects with Steve through the years. It is an honor for Sean and I that he has allowed us to do this for him. We already have close to 400 likes on facebook in only a day and half and I gave Steve the update lastnight. It really made his day to know that he is so loved by so many.

Steve Stanford is one of the nicest , most gracious brilliant minds alive....a living legend yet he remains almost shocked and always humbled by the kind reception he gets everywhere he goes.

Thank you again and please like us on facebook.

Katherine

22. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Met and spent time with Steve many years ago at Lead East in NJ.
    Everything Katherine has said I will second. A truly humble and really nice guy, and the finest automotive artists of our time.
    KK

23. WOW.....that great news for sure!!
    THANKS Katherine..................cw.

24. Every time I see the words "Steve Stanford", I get excited to see what it's about, either an interview or one of his works of art. I followed threads/postings to learn a lot about him, collected past magazine articles, and anything with his art on it. I equally love his ideas as well as his art. It's a pleasure to learn about this - another thanks goes out to you Katherine.

25. I messaged Katherine on (DickVanDork) Facebook about Don S, she does get the message through to Steve.

26. Found this yesterday. Excellent!

Centurion9 likes this.
  27. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Does anyone here actually know Steve? Back in 2008 he chose my 55 Chev as his hall of fame pick at the Kkoa show and my award was to be an original drawing of the car. 8 years later and I have not yet received it. I know that he did it because I saw it in a magazine. I did talk to him 3-4 years ago and he promised to get it to me but still nothing......

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1457892930.499812.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1457893198.982463.jpg

Ron Funkhouser and kidcampbell71 like this.
  28. See if you can contact Pete Santini through website or phone. He said in video, "He's become part of the family".
    That drawing of your car is one of my favorites from Stanford.