Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kids spilled rustoleum paint in the bedroom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carcrazyjohn, Nov 11, 2011.

1. verde742

verde742

was there prior talk of recovering it?

2. fortynut

fortynut

Wheh! I have a younger brother and between us we have lived charmed lives. After a thrash to change out the engine in a '53 Chevy I headed to my Grandmothers, where I lived. There was a long curve and the tires were bald. "Gonna change those tomorrow," I remember saying. I also remember seeing the pavement under the windshield and being slammed around the front seat like a meat puppet. Weird thing is, I had traded off a running Triumph motorcycle for the damn thing, in order to have a safe ride. CUT TO: What was left of the car could still be driven, even if it looked like it had come in last at a demolition derby. So my brother and I are at an old ruins, where a two story brick building had burned. Some of it's still standing. "I'm going to show you how they do it in the movies," I tell my brother, who's gotten out to watch. I aim the car, straight for part of the wall. Damn! My teeth jarred as I hit it, and the next thing I know the roof is caved in and I'm buried under so many bricks the doors won't open. To get me out, my brother gets a tractor and a chain and pulls off one of the doors. Oh, and the Triumph, I put a Good Year grasshopper tire on the rear, and we learned to jump a five-strand barbed wire fence that had a little hill next to it. We did that right after we saw The Great Escape. Later, my brother rode it off a highway embankment into the top of a tree and broke his arm. It shimmied at speed, sometimes, like a hula dancer. I always just gave it more gas. I may have forgotten to tell my brother. Scary as hell. Good thing I got rid it, huh? One more. My Dad owned a truck stop. He had a cook who lived in town and she had to be carried home every night, after closing. Most of the time it was a milk run. One night I was bored, and as my brother and I were on the way home, I decided to scare him. I started talking about reading Hot Rod Magazine and learning how to get extra horsepower out of engines. My Dad had a '57 Chevy with a Power Glide. Slow as molasses on a winter's day. So when we got to this long bridge, I said, "I'll show you what I did." And, I mashed down on the accelerator, and at the same time I reached down and grabbed the seat adjuster and pushed it down so the seat would slide back. It was an eerie feeling even for me, knowing the trick. My brother screamed and I swear to God, he still talks about it fifty years later. "I thought the car was breaking into two pieces!"

3. paintcan54

paintcan54

This is a friend of mine, "not me". Back in the early '90s my friend and his brother thought they would repaint his VW orange, while his wife and kids went to visit her parents for the weekend. So into the garage with the VW, they sanded it own, got it masked off, went to the paint store got the primer and paint and cold beer. Come home mixed up all the primer and paint, painted the car, congratulated each other on how good it looked, said let's go in the house and let it dry till tomorrow, open the house door in the kitchen, and "everything" in the house was orange, the garage was attached to the house and the furance was in the garage, the air intake on the furance work like a exaust fan and pulled the over spray into the house, that orange was every where. Needless to say his wife was pissed off when see got home, their home owners did pay to clean the house and everything in it, it took over 3 weeks to clean the house. That was the end of his painting cars. Now they look back on it and laugh, she never let's him forget it either.

4. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Not soon after getting new garage door,my very young son at the time,ran his minibike into the damn thing and put a nice big dent in it.He broke his lower arm and was more concerned about the door than that.Years later I think its kind of a badge of honor to me.Hes in college for motorsports tech and rides motocross in the summer.
    But..... Over Christmas he was home and backed the wifes car into mine in the driveway.So he spent one of those weeks home helping me put a quarter on her car,thus learning even more!!Makes the old man proud

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  5. jb39chev

jb39chev
    from Conroe,TX.

Working on the Harley, winter time, no shop or garage, moved the motor into the kitchen, spilled a quart of Slick 50 on the linolium floor, you find out real quick why they call it slick. It stays that way for a loooong time no matter how well you think you've cleaned it ( had to replace the flooring)

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your kids John?
    [​IMG]

Back in the mid 70's when I was living in Texas and working in Waco I took my wife an son over to James and Caroline Hurst's house for the first time to meet them as James and I had become friends at work. My son John was about five at the time and picked up a baseball laying in their back yard and threw it and hit a plate glass table top that they had set up against the shed while they were repainting the table frame. My hot rod kitty went to buying a new table top the next week. Luckily the glass shop across the street had a used plate glass window that he could cut the new top out of.

7. indybail

indybail

At least they didn't spill it on the car.

8. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Winning picture hands down!! Mr48Chev.

9. dirtybirdpunk

dirtybirdpunk

My son, 3 at the time got into my tool box and dug out a few wrenches and spread them around the back yard, I didnt find out until I found them in a pile on the patio table with a note from the gardener....

10. rockabilly-medic

rockabilly-medic

Carcrazyjohn--- yeah I get in trouble every so often...

OOH!! put me on the couch.. now I am stuck with the biggest TV in the house... close to the kitchen with a fridge full of food and beer..DANG!...

if you want to punish me..MAKE me sleep next to you in the same bed.... with you all grumpy... while i try to sleep and you wake me up every 15 mins to stir up the arguement again...

11. BenDaPirate

BenDaPirate

Me and a couple of friends would ride our bikes down Lawrence Expressway in San Jose to the overpass looking over Stevens Creek Blvd. We would wait and wait and wait until someone bought a new car from the Toyota dealership and wait for them to come our way. We would throw water balloons filled with honey. Funny at the time. Until grandpa and great uncle were cruising around and caught us. Skinned all of our backsides. First time getting a leather belt for some of my buddies. Thinking back we were little shits and I would have done the same thing!!

Me, pops and lil bro were cruising in his 59 F100 with a 390 with a 4 speed, no seatbelts, when I was about 6. Lil bro was 3. Lil Bro dove off the seat, grabbed the shifter, and flew back ripping it out of gear. We all went flying forward, he got a nice face full of hot firewall and I got a nice little glove box door button indent on my forehead. Still remind him of that when I see him.

12. rockabilly-medic

rockabilly-medic

We had the some tiles in the kitchen crack, so having extra tile left over from putting it in 4 years ago (i never throw anything) i came into the kitchen and broke out the tile with my hammer and replaced the 3 broken tiles with my 4 yr old at my side... next morning i wake up to some pounding.. run down the hall into the kitchen to find my boy breaking out tiles... he has a big smile on his face.. saying I am helping you Daddy... UGH! luckily like I said I don't throw anything away.. so I had the extra 9 tiles he broke... Kid is making me old....

13. wheeler.t

wheeler.t

When I was 6 or 7 I thought I could ride my bmx bike down the front stairs and didn't think about the front door being latched shut, so I geared up put on my helmet and gloves and rode down them sure enough straight into the front door. Dad was away working, my mom called him and explained the situation and he asked to talk to me, mom put me on the phone and all he said to me was " well, did you ride it out?" I burst into tears. Another time as a baby I was playing in my dads 60s chev half ton and fell out and smacked my face off the door pin. Still have a little indent on my forehead.