Register now to get rid of these ads!

Saved From The Crusher!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rocket8, May 17, 2008.

1. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Totally killer- nice save! Keep posting progress. Those are rare finds and its cool to see it live again

2. chopper cliff

chopper cliff
    from lodi ca

Packards, the only way to go, fit the car to a T

3. mlagusis

mlagusis

Max,
    Good work. I found some pictures last week of the car when I bought it. Have some of the chop and other misc pics too. Just need to find the time to post them.

I put a request to transfer to Livermore last week so hopefully I will be back by the end of this year or sooner.

4. mlagusis

mlagusis

I started this car when I was 18 and stopped working on it to work on my brothers car (Greek Mistique) after he broke his neck and was laid up for a year. After that I moved to Idaho and could not afford to bring the car with me so it sat at my Dad's house until he took it to the scrap yard where Max bought it.

The funny thing is now it is back at my Dad's place. Looking at the puctures with the Greek posters on the wall crackes me up everytime I look at this thread.

On the Greek Mistique, my buddy Jason M helped me chop the top. When I would get stumped, I would stop at Acme Auto Body and ask John Aiello for advise. He was a huge help on this car giving guidance to a newbie to metal work. Nick would come out as much as he could while he was recovering from his injury and we would talk about what we are going to do next. I did the rough body work and shot it with a high build filler primer before I moved.

My brother's accident and the Greek M brought us closer together s brothers and friends too. Nick has had this car for at least 15 years and has tons of time, effort and money into and I can't wait for it to be finished.

5. redroaddog

redroaddog

Matt thanks for the history on this cool build!! we all forget that life sometimes gets in the way of our dreams......as they say shit happens

6. mlagusis

mlagusis

Life does get in the way. Glad that someone got the cars and is able to get her going.

7. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

I'm just glad that it got saved, thats an awesome ride.

8. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

YEA MAN! nick told me. that is rad! i think it would be good for everybody. AND we'll get to build some baddass cars together!:D

9. nice save and even better... Progress

10. Great save!!! Congrats!!!!

11. I never met Nick. The car sounds badass though. Can't wait to see both done. Or should I say all three:D Also you and Cristina make the raddest couple, I wish you both the best of luck!

12. Devoted

Devoted
    from DFW Texas

13. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Biodegrades? I get it,and THAT right there is funny!:D Take that! tree huggers.

14. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

15. Fuck yeah!

What are you going to have below the taillight? Extend the quarters or a bumper? Inquiring minds want to know:D

16. pakrat

pakrat

Thats great I hate going to the scrap yard and seeing stuff like that.

17. jesse1980

jesse1980

i really cant believe someone would even scrap that car. unbelieveable. well good thing you saved it. post some pics when its done. nice find!!!

18. lucky ink

lucky ink

so cool.. keep us posted

19. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

well, where the reverse lights would have been, im going to round the body around it, and then the rear bumper will be tucked close to the body, so that i dont have a huge splash pan ya know?

20. Nice, what are you going to run for a rear bumper?

21. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

cant say. i have 3 bumpers on the shop wall @ the moment amigo. still trying to figure out which i want to use....gotta keep some things under wraps with this build. just wait....front end is going to be wild....interior....hubba hubba....:D

22. Nice! 2013 Long Beach Motorama????:D:D:D

23. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

;) now hush!

24. :cool:

25. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

26. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

hung the front sheet metal back on today, to get a flow for the overall lines of the car with the tail lights etc..
    [​IMG]

then i put the hood on the car, and i started to feel a little artsy...
    [​IMG]

and i was looking at pictures i had taken of the barris' "AZTEC" lastnight, so my buddy nick and i thought we'd try out a little accent touch on the hood...
    [​IMG]
    its unfinished, still have some round rod to weld in and do all the metal finishing, but i think once the metal insert is chrome and everything is said and done, it will really be a nice touch to the car...its the little things i have always admired that people like sam barris and joe bailon did in the day ya know?

27. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

Sandblaster! Yessssssssssssssssssssss:d

28. PackratDave

PackratDave

Good story, one saved from the scrap heap and will one day cruise again. Saving at least one old car from death should be on every gear head's bucket list. Trust me though, you need a open minded woman (or guy) in your life.