Register now to get rid of these ads!

Greetings From Smith Lake, Alabama

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by [email protected], Jan 12, 2012.

1. Yes, I realize I haven't introduced myself yet, and I fully apologize. I joined early one morning while at work, and just really didn't have enough time then to write something about myself.
    Grew up in Southern California, moved to the Memphis, TN area 17 years ago with work. Then 18 months ago, I transfered again, this time to Birmingham, AL; which afforded me the opportunity to live on a beautiful lake in the North-central part of Alabama. I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade, but I've been working on cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, and what have you, since I was a kid. My Dad always repaired everything himself, and taught me at an early age to do the same. I've built quite a few engines over the years, as well as a few manual transmissions. I've restored countless boats, and worked on quite a few Hot Rods, unfortunately though, I have never really, totally completed any of the Hot Rods, because someone always came around and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I'm in the process of accumulating all the parts necessary to build a 32 RPU, and that's what brought me here. Hopefully I've answered any questions anyone might have, if not, drop me an email or PM, I'll gladly answer just about any question. Thanks, Ivan

2. Old&Low

Old&Low

Welcome from New Mexico Ivan! Good luck with your Deuce.

3. Old&Low

Old&Low

Just took a look at your '27 Modified; that was on it's way to being one good looking Hotrod!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  4. Thanks.... Unfortunately, CA$H, as you know is King, and the funds were needed more at that time...

5. k9racer

k9racer

Welcome from Huntsville Alabama.. I can see why you fell in love with that large {Alabama standards} lake.

6. d-luxdave

d-luxdave
    from nevada

welcome from nevada.....

7. Welcome from Rockmart GA, Henrietta the '38 Ford pickup and Ozelle the '55 Ford send friendly horn honks. My wife is from Gadsden, have family in Birmingham and Alexandria.

8. Hello and welcome aboard from central Iowa!

9. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Welcome from the West Coast of Florida.

I have some friends who also have a place in AL. and they tell me it's really beautiful around the lakes area.

Hope you enjoy this place and all it has to offer.

10. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome to the HAMB Ivan!!!

11. Welcome from another Huntsville member.Smith lake area is beautiful.One of the few unpolluted lakes left.Be sure to check out the First Fridays over in Gadsden the first Friday of every month. Hundreds of cars there then.

12. 343w

343w

Welcome from east of you in Vincent near Logan Martin Lake, enjoy the Hamb.

13. 60 ford

60 ford

Welcome from Indiana.

14. jd55f100

jd55f100
    from alabama

welcome from birmingham al .....where you working at ..few hot rodders around the ham

15. Welcome from Minnesota

16. Thanks ya'll.... I live on Lewis Smith Lake, Winston County, but Crane Hill mailing address. I'm a line aircraft mechanic for FedEx at Birmingham Shuttlesworth Airport..
    Is the place in Gadsden where all the cars gather, called "First Friday's"? I didn't exactly understand that post? Is it the entire year, or only between Spring-Fall?
    Thanks again, Ivan

17. Just Gadget

Just Gadget

Welcome Aboard the H.A.M.B.

18. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy.

19. Jarhead1986

Jarhead1986
    BANNED

Welcome from Cordova Alabama. Right on the river that comes from the lake.

20. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

welcome ivan from hartselle, also have a place (sorta) on smith lake at crane hill ( crooked creek)
    yes the gadsden cruise in is year round,but it falls oof of course during the cool monthes..look for it ti pic back up around march /april/may depending on the weather. also look for news for a cruise in in huntsville coming soon.just like gadsden it will be down town. hope to meet you soon. and roll tide

and yes its called first friday. really cool cruise in.

21. Joe-Racer

Joe-Racer

Hello, and Welcome from Decatur Alabama. Its a bit of a drive, about 50 miles, but starting in April, Athens AL. has a cruise-in the first Saturday of each month.

22. jd55f100

jd55f100
    from alabama

Greetings.......Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Birmingham