Register now to get rid of these ads!

A F100 question.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dchaz, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Dchaz

Dchaz

Long story short, we are putting together a 66 f100 for my step daughter and I am patching the gas neck and antenna hole in the cab. She wants me to get rid of the louvers between the windshield wipers while I am at it. Has anyone done this? Any pros and cons?*The kick panels where rusted pretty bad to begin with, so maybe there's a pro for doing it.
    Thanks for the help.

2. wally55

wally55

I believe that your air vent comes from up there.I would check before filling it in

3. Yes, I have filled those before. That is the fresh air intake for your kick panel vents. If you don't want to use them, you can fill the intake.

I really like to crack open the kick panel vent and crack the vent wing a bit this time of year. I get a nice air flow through the cab without the noise of an open window.

4. Dchaz

Dchaz

I thought about the air vents but I have a air/ heat unit for it so I don't think she would open them to begin with. Thank for the answers guys.

5. atomickustom

atomickustom

Might want to reconsider that. When I installed heat/air in my '53 Chevy I thought "why would I want the vents?" and eliminated them. DUMB MOVE. Now every time the temp is above 70 and below 85 (which is a LOT) I wish I had those vents functional. Thank god I kept my wing vents is all I can say!

6. derbydad276

derbydad276

what are you doing for suspention?

7. squirrel

squirrel

If you build an old truck properly, there's no need to open a vent at the kick panel. Once you open the vent window, you'll get all the airflow you'd ever want.

Or do you think I should make my doors fit better, and seal the windshield?

:)

8. ken bogren

ken bogren

Does that unit require a fresh air intake? If it does, you might need those cowl vents as the fresh air source.

Or can you set it up as recirculating air only system?

9. Yep, the few hundred hours I spent fitting the doors on my truck must have paid off. If you open the vent without opening a window or vent wing, your ears pop from the pressure differential. :cool: