Register now to get rid of these ads!

What are these headlight buckets from????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by APACHERACING, Jan 11, 2012.

1. I have 3 of these headlight buckets, and dont know what they are from. The main body is about 8 inches tall and 9 1/2 or so long, Got any ideas? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. fleetside66

fleetside66

Yours are in the style of Guide 682-C headlights, without the brass tags stating such. They were all probably made on the same assembly line. Here's a pic of mine, which came off of a 1947 Diamond T truck.

[​IMG]

3. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

I think these were originally on the Dodge Power wagon trucks after WWII.Maybe even pre war to 1940 when seal beams where introduced.

4. Raven53

Raven53
    from Irwin Pa

I had a 47 power wagon but I dont remember the parking light on top of the housing, mine were mounted on the cowl.

5. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

They are junk ......send em to me... :)

6. 56oldsDarrin

56oldsDarrin

I painted a 48 DiamontT Its headlights looked pretty Close.

7. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Look on the back at the point - it'll probably be embossed B-L-C, makers of the Guide lamp stampings.

8. Before I posted I look all over these things looking for some sort of markings or identfying numbers. Nothing on them anywhere.

9. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Reo trucks had similar lights but I don't think they are quite that big , at least the set I have isn't

10. If you have no use for the third I've been looking for one! Name a price

11. sololobo

sololobo

I don't know what they are off , but they are cooler than the other side of the pillow. SCORE!! ~sololobo~

12. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

My guess (and it's only an educated guess) is that they never came on only one specific make. There were several sealed beam makers to upgrade the older trucks and cars of the 30s. You could buy them in a box at the local parts stores. I'm older than dirt and I was not around when these were a popular up grade. If you find pictures on the net with these you have no way of knowing if they were original equipment when the picture was taken. So I'd take it with a grain of salt when someone says that they had a pair on a specific car or truck unless they bought it brand new.

13. I will keep that in mind. One of them does have a small rust spot in the side.