Register now to get rid of these ads!

new toy .59 el camino,ooh yeah

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hammeredrods, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Fine looking ElCamino, and that Holden Ute is no slouch either!:D

Always thought that GM should have imported a few boatloads of them here instead of the late model GTOs. Would think they would have sold well here if they weren't too spendy. :rolleyes:

If you're not familiar with the Holden Utes you can check them out here. Might be a long download for some of you though, pretty heavy on animation.

http://www.holden.com.au/vehicles/ute#/modern_design/

2. speedfreek155

speedfreek155

Thats a great start , wish my 59 looked like that when I got it , or even now , love the Maloo also . Is it the big horsepower model they tested on Top Gear ?

3. hammeredrods

hammeredrods

Thanks all .nah holden is just an ss have tweaked it a bit. back on topic just took delivery of new hei dist cap& rotor arm new leads,spin on oil filter adaptor and filter and new ignition switch. have to put them in tonight probably in the rain,it's been an adventure already.haha

4. hammeredrods

hammeredrods

made the first road trip only one minor hiccup ,had a loose wire .stopped us for a minute ,but all else went great. that is the reason for the stupid grin in the first photo.

Attached Files:

5. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

:DVery nice Camino and as for the Holden that thing is really cool for a late model !

6. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

something GM NA thinks we don't want in USA, imagine a corvette powered el camino.............I know I want one!!

7. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

8. Weasel

Weasel

My custom '59 Elk ended up in Oz. This one on the Buick Skylark wires from 59elcamino.com is just killer....

[​IMG]

9. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

So you have a very cool 59, an SS to haul with and you live in Coffs Harbour, one of the nicest places i've been to in Oz. Man you've got life hard.

Good luck with the 59 all the same:D

10. hammeredrods

hammeredrods

Thanks guys ,Damn weasel thats fine. Life is tough gasoline.got the new shoes on last night found out the old adaptors for the wires had 3 nuts on each.

Attached Files:

11. Toner283

Toner283

Cool looking ride. Welcome to being a 59 Elky owner. Hope you like attention, these cars are an attention magnet.

12. 49F1Jeff

49F1Jeff
    from Oregon

So it had ugly wheels that weren't even on safely?!? Yikes! :eek:

Looks much better now. ;)

13. hemifarris

hemifarris

Nice truck. You'll love it. It looks really solid. Is it from the USA? New tires and wheel covers look nice.

The front bumper over ride is factory. The bedrails are made by an aftermarket firm........Mike

Click photos to enlarge......

Attached Files:

14. hammeredrods

hammeredrods

Thanks mike you have one of the coolest i have ever seen that thing is spot on .

15. hemifarris

hemifarris

Let me know if you need any photos of different items. I have a lot that I took and a lot that Toner283 sent me...... If so, send me your email address [email protected]

16. hammeredrods

hammeredrods

Thanks heaps, that would be great. Ill probably be looking for rear inner fender pics because there has been some half assed repairs on mine ill send an email when i get a chance

17. hammeredrods

hammeredrods

Not really heaps happening with christmas and new years but have replaced the front suspension bushes ball joints and shocks .Also had one of the guys in my club come down for a night and stripe it, he is still learning and wanted the practice, so he was happy to work for beer.

Attached Files:

18. hammeredrods

hammeredrods

some more of the pinstripes , he also did my lathe

Attached Files:

19. 76cam

76cam

Man thats just awsome. I think he did a bad ass job. Must have been good beer lol ...

20. hammeredrods

hammeredrods

Ha ha, yeah beer is always good.here's one more on the dash and the battery tray i started last night coming out ok considering the tools i'm using, a rough bead roller that i made my vice and an old panel hammer.

Attached Files:

21. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I can't wait to drive mine again, it's been two years now.

22. hammeredrods

hammeredrods

Stay with it nads it will be worth it. Finished the battery tray last night ,some idiot screwed up and made it way too big, not even sure how i managed that one. But at least i made it too big so all i had to do was trim it down and fold the edges again.

Attached Files:

23. ncctcam

ncctcam

Nice el camino! The trim looks neat!

24. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

White and red is such a great combo, my first was Elky was all white but with red inside the trim, it had Dodge Lancer hubcaps mounted on red wheels, it was gorgeous, I don't have a single picture of it.

25. Now this is the third different fender ornament, I've seen for 59's. The other one was on a fender with the molding that ran along the peak on top of the fender. Pretty cool

[​IMG]

26. hammeredrods

hammeredrods

thanks guys ,I'm not sure about those fender ornaments, the wings on them don't sit flush on the fender and they are glued on with epoxy. The ones with the moulding would be sweet.

27. hammeredrods

hammeredrods

It's been slow going had to wait on parts from the states. New trailing arms for the back ,the old ones were a little rough.have replaced all the suspension, rebuilt the speedo and it's getting new brakes in a week. Hopefully get it roadworthy in a couple of weeks.

Attached Files:

28. sololobo

sololobo

Wonderful Elky, love it all around, especially with the new shoes. Really dig the rails, over-rider and the fender birds. Congrats on a winner deluxe. ~sololobo~

29. Great car and the interior is way cool!

30. hammeredrods

hammeredrods

Thanks guys, was getting a bit over fixing stuff for rego so i got in last night and started shaving stuff.

Attached Files: