Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 41 plymouth coupe 392 hemi build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by farmer12, Apr 7, 2010.

1. farmer12

farmer12

Great, thanks Steve! I just realised that I can probably mount it on the firewall as it will be out of sight near the bellhousing anyway. Thanks mate!

Attached Files:

hemi v8 likes this.
  2. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I know the PJ pedal is a bit spendy but having seen one in the flesh they are real nice.

3. 31chevymike

31chevymike

Happy New Year Eric! Looking at the gas pedal issue, I immediately thought of the "drag pedal" from Mooneyes. It's not the common "large foot" as many gassers use (mine is used temporarily ontop of my computer desk station on display) and is smaller in size. Remember, you're running the inevitable 392 hemi, so show your performance style in your interior! Keep the Moon logo on it to show your support for the MOST FAMOUS BOLT ON PERFORMANCE COMPANY IN THE WORLD! PERIOD! Just my thoughts... I've followed you on your build since I subscribed - AWESOME PROJECT!

Attached Files:

4. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you for the kind words Gatz. I realise that it must take nearly a whole afternoon to read through the whole thread, an achievement in itself!

I'm looking forward to your 40 Chrysler coupe build thread, that should be great! Just a word of warning, this Hamb sickness is very addictive. :D If you need any help, let me know.

5. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you 31chevymike! I had a look at the Moon site and they've got a lot of stuff I still need. Simple things like switches, number plate lights, pedals, etc. I think I'll need to make a list and order some stuff from them. It looks to be good quality and the style I like. Glad you're enjoying the build project as much as I am. It's great to see so many people are still enjoying the build thread after so many pages of writing and pics.:)

6. Plung

Plung
    from San Diego

A friend of mine used a lot of Moon equipment on his 40 Ford and loved the quality. You can't go wrong with this stuff Eric. Keep up the good work. Love the Hemi in post 2168, looks like it belongs there for sure!

7. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Mick. I'm making a list of things I still need as we speak. They sure have some great stuff.

8. hot_rod_bones

hot_rod_bones
    from topeka, ks

i just wish moon didnt discontinue the electronic push button shifter. would love to have that in my ride.

9. Russchiappa

Russchiappa
    from ny

Rear suspension, axle type, and sway bar?
    Im doing similar build.

10. farmer12

farmer12

The rear axle is a custom Currie 3.70 traction lock, rated to handle 600hp at least. The rear suspension are Airride bags and shocks in one with a triangulated 4 link set up. Sway bar is not necessary with a triangulated 4 link. Hope this answers your question.

Attached Files:

11. BettyBlue

BettyBlue

I would have told FNG to go F himself... not hey nice car, what did you do for X, Y, Z... a bit abrasive. How you doing Eric? Car is looking great!! Mine will be on the road next month. and Completed by the time I get home in April!

12. Wow, that's cheap - we pay about $1.15-$1.25 here in the South - Ontario that is :)
    That would be $4.35-$4.73 a US gallon . . .

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  13. farmer12

farmer12

He's new and probably needs to get used to the rules.....I've given him a chance. I'm doing fine, trying to get as much work as possible done before I get too irritated with these doors. I'm still being patient though. Good to hear you're going to have your car on the road, can't wait to see some pics! Good luck with the home stretch!

14. farmer12

farmer12

The mission of today was to finish off the bottom of the door. Once again, made a cut, changed the radius, weld and grind. Did a test fit in the car half way through and the door now clears the inner rocker. YES!(pic no.4). Then finished the corner piece, sanded it all down and gave it some primer. Mission accomplished!:D:D:D

Attached Files:

15. koolkemp

koolkemp

I have done that door mod before ! Its looking really nice Farmer, I cant wait to get a little primer on mine soon!

16. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks koolkemp! It takes quite a bit of work to get it right, but patience results in the required product. Glad you like the work.

17. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Nice job on the doors Eric, your really getting quite good at this hotrodding lark :D

18. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Steve, I've had some good teachers!

19. BACAGrizz

BACAGrizz

As far as fuel feed pedals go, have you considered using a throttle by wire from a more modern car? It would let you keep things pretty clean.

20. farmer12

farmer12

To be quite honest, I haven't. I want to use the "old" throttle cable, even if this means a partially visible wire. Thank you for your thoughts BACAGrizz, it is appreciated.

21. Smokeybear

Smokeybear

I believe that is one of the reasons his build has such a following. Eric seems to be a super nice guy and always eager to help without a bunch of attitude. I know that's just a small part of why I voted for him and his build for the best of '11 and will most likely vote again if a thread is made about the best of '12.

22. In regards to the pedal design I think it should follow the layout of the interior be it Custom/Performance. Mixing and matching can work but more times than not just looks out of place. My $.002

23. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you Smokeybear. It honestly still amazes me how many people follow this thread and enjoy it after nearly 2 years. I suppose that's a compliment to everyone who's given advise and comments during this build so far. Thank you for your positive post!

24. Ford blue blood

Ford blue blood

Eric I found this thread by accident one rainey afternoon. I always read builds from front to back (this one was an all afternoon deal) because no matter how long or how many you build there is always something to be learned. I enjoy others comments and suggestions and every once in a while I might be able to contrubute, but most of all I enjoy the craftsmanship you and others put into the build. Takes a lot of patience as you said and most of all having the gumption to say "that aint right" and going back to unscrew what got screwed up! You are doing a great job, keep it up!

25. farmer12

farmer12

Took the radiator out, so I can adjust the radiator mount better. Had to move it upwards about 2 inches in total so the panels would fit. Checked the steering and it clears the fenders without any problem. The front airshocks are at their lowest postition at the moment, so when I install the 2 inch drop spindels, this will be approximately the driving height.

Attached Files:

26. Man, that is looking good Eric!!!! I know you are excited about seeing the car come together.

27. Bart 56

Bart 56

Nice with THE fenders on! Verry Nice!

28. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Looks great again!

29. amsurfer

amsurfer
    from Eugene, OR

Awesome attention to detail! I was hooked on reading this build as soon as it was shown to me. I wish I knew you were building this the last time I was there. I would have loved to stop by and check her out. Maybe this next summer I'll drag anythinggm out there. (Though my wife would kill me if we didn't all go)

30. powhatan42

powhatan42

Eric, The car looks like new money!!! Nice to see the Hemi where it belongs...installed! Be well, and good luck, you are almost there!