Register now to get rid of these ads!

Official 2012 Viva Las Vegas Thread - THE VENTURES & DUANE EDDY Headlining Car Show!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Jan 10, 2012.

1. axle

axle
    from Drag City

The 15th annual Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekend is rapidly approaching so I thought I should update you on some car show information.

Viva Las Vegas is April 5th - 8th , 2012. The VLV Car Show will be on SATURDAY APRIL 7th in the North West parking lot of The Orleans Hotel in Las Vegas.

All cars must be pre-registered at www.vivalasvegas.net Once the full 4 day wristbands are sold out, you can still buy Car Show only tickets for 4 days ($45) or just the Saturday ($25 in advance) which enables you to register a car "provided" we still have the space. last year we filled the overflow lot so don't hesitate to pre register now.

Here are some of the displays and special guests who will be at the Car Show on the Saturday:-
    - Special 60's Gasser display with lots of historic Willys.
    - Special Hot Rod Corral - (Indoor Car Show outside).
    - Hustlers Drag Racing Team will return with their front engined Hemi powered Rail, and starting it up periodically.
    - Mistress of the Dark "Elvira" will make another special appearance.
    - Awards Ceremony with hand made trophies plus cash prizes for:
    Best in Show.
    Best Custom.
    Best Hot Rod.
    Furthest Driven.

Custom awards made by Mod Craft (Skrapmetal) & E-Dog.

Gretsch Guitar giveaway !

- Over 120 vendors.

Entertainment:
    - DUANE EDDY
    - THE VENTURES
    - THE POLECATS
    - BIG SANDY & HIS FLYRITE BOYS
    - BUZZ CAMPBELL of Hot Rod Lincoln
    - Hot Rod Trio
    - Deejay / MC "Del Villareal".

Close to 1000 cars will be in attendance with a continued emphasis on Traditional Rods, Customs, and pre '64 Classics. For car safety, the parking lot will be locked up at 10pm each night and will re open at 10:00 a.m.

Like last year the Road Devils & Lonely Knights will be assisting at the Car Show should anyone have any questions.

INSIDE THE HOTEL:-
    Those of you that really enjoy music there will be over 70 bands and close to 25 Deejays performing throughout the weekend. Also, don't miss: Tiki Pool Party, Burlesque competition, Burlesque Bingo, Swimsuit contest, and Charles Phoenix's Vintage Slide Show.

ROOMS:
    All rooms at the Orleans are booked but there are many other Hotels in the area, and some offer free shuttle buses to and from the Orleans. Also, some offer a special rate - such as - Gold Coast or Palms.

Sponsored by HOT ROD DELUXE , HOT ROD , & PABST.

Thanks very much

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  2. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

hoping to make it this year, I think I was in Laughlin last year....

3. carsluTT

carsluTT

id like to go but thats a buys time of year for me........ wonder how death valley is that time of year w/out AC.

4. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Kiwis are looking forward to coming back again . Probably leave SF on the 1st toward Placerville or Truckee Head South from Minden, wandering down 395 to 208 to 95 down to vegas checking our the sights on the way. And on to the Roundup afterwards. YEEHAA.

5. DeadSleds

DeadSleds

Viva always good times! Looking forward on cruising the Sleds to Sin City

6. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

This is a fun gig folks. I've been fortunate enough to have been featured in the Gasser row the past 2 years, and I had a great time......even got to present an award! TONS of fun stuff to do/see while you're there.

Viva is Chuckles approved!

7. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Hey Pumpkin tits! Remember these days? I think this was in '98 maybe? Damm has it been 14 years already? I think there was a total of 20 cars that year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  8. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Two guys in that first picture are dead now. RIP Aaaron Pope and Steve.

9. M.Edell

M.Edell

Right on Axle! Cant wait to have the The 34 in the Hot Rod Corral this year.Im honored by the invite...see you in Pomona in two weeks!

10. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Great stuff, we're going this year with the chevy. it's gonna be a lot of fun, we always have a great time, and the recovery usually takes a couple days!!:eek::D

11. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

12. Michelley

Michelley

I used to attend the first few original VLV shows back in 1996-98, when it was serious old time rockabilly and r-n-b (Don & Dewey, Wanda Jackson, Collins Kids, Ronnie Dawson, etc all played). It was the brainchild of a cool cat named Rockin’ Ron Weiser, who actually used to host the earliest shows in his living room here in LV, invitation only, and that was awesome because these bands would come from all over the U.S. and Europe. It would be a private party and he would serve us pink and white animal cookies for snacks, with the walls lined around with dozens of vintage cowboy boots, and a trampoline in the back yard. He produced a rockabilly record label (he started in Downey, CA), called Rollin’ Rock. Signees boast Ray Campi, Johnny Carroll, The Blasters, Mac Stevens, & Dragstrip 77. He would always jump on stage and do the funniest Jerry Lewis (the comedian) dance (seriously) because he was so excited. Anyways, he got together with Tom and the rest was history. Haven't talked to him in years, and haven't gone in a few years, except last year Axle asked us to feature our ’36 Ford roadster in the custom lineup, so we brought it over and caught up with old pals.
    Looking forward to this year’s…
    ~Michelley

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  13. Well VLV time is approaching and just got my room at the Gold Coast. Have had a GREAT time for the previous ones we have attended and are looking forward to another one with the 40. Great to see old Friends there. Doing a little "refreshing" on the old girl as the 35 plus years are taking their toll. See you all there! GO VLV!!! THANX AXLE Dave and Sue

14. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

Death valley shouldnt be too hot in april, besides, from riverside you should past well to the right of hells furnace....

15. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

[​IMG]

Me and Marky back in -99.

Wow, that was a crazy weekend, Axle. You crashed the Deuce Coupe into
    the wall on second floor and my record was lying in the seat. Was I involved?
    Ha ha... everything went well with you that time, anyway. Cold as hell that
    weekend and 24 hrs of party for 5 days. Loved every minute!

[​IMG]

16. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

Planning to make the trip. Axle has promised some special extra attention if I go!
    Oh-boy! Seriously it looks like a great line up and we are really looking forward to going. Its going to be FUN!

17. Damn! I bought the 4 day passes already don't know if I'll make it this year again! My truck and 1/2 my garage caught fire and burned up a few weeks back wait'n on the insurance co to find out what I'm getting for the damages! I've missed the last couple years because stupid shit always happens! Viva's always a blast and was looking forward to going this year!

18. ncctcam

ncctcam

We will be there again this year :) Looking forward to it, cant choose between pomona swap or lone star round up for the weekend after but!

19. We'll be there! Had a great time last year. Looking forward to it.

20. Molina

Molina

Haven't been in 8 years . Jim , with you going, and the Ventures playing? See ya there

21. autobilly

autobilly

It's going to be hard to top last years show, but I'm sure it'll be killer!
    Wish I could make the scene.
    [​IMG]

22. Mercchev

Mercchev

Lonely Knights are gonna make it a two week trip...VLV and then the Roundup. Great road trip coming up!

23. Goose

Goose

This is always a great show and if you live in the east or midwest its a great relief from the cold winter weather. If you can make it you won't be disappointed. A lot of great cars, pretty women and great music and that always makes for a good time!! Hope you have a great show Axle!! I know you will!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  24. I have always wanted to go to this show, are tickets to the show still available?

25. SoCalChevy54

SoCalChevy54

Like all the many we been to... we won't be missing this one either, can't wait for Viva. Fun drive and good times

26. FatDaddy

FatDaddy
    from Las Vegas

Hey, it's Fat Daddys Ice Cream and it's almost time again!

Viva is an experience and if you haven't been, you gotta go!

Thanks to Viva we have made great friends from all over the world each year, seeing old friends & meeting new every year is a great experience!

Like always were looking forward to bringing out one of our Hot Rod Ice Cream trucks and seeing all the smiles on the "big and little" kids faces!

See everyone soon!

Fat Daddy

Attached Files:

27. David Zivot

David Zivot

Hello Axle!
    In regards to your avatar,
    not only is it real swell,
    but I have an interesting story of 78 records of that genre.
    Mr BB King lived a couple blocks from both my and Michelle's respective houses growing up,
    on the corner of alta and rancho,
    here in Las Vegas,
    and when we were teenagers he (at different times) invited each of us into his private home
    to view his celebrated record collection,
    and talk about Memphis and New Orleans times.
    This was a fairly large den,
    and it was covered from ceiling to floor
    with vintage mint 78's in their sleeves,
    early r&b, mississippi delta blues, early rockabilly rock'n'roll, risque rhythm,
    including all of Presley's Sun records on 78 rpm!
    Mr King was very kind and forthcoming about his early career
    and all the people he knew.
    He was a local legend.
    I think I was too young to fully appreciate it all...

28. U.K.ROADSTER

U.K.ROADSTER
    from Birmingham

Tom, Rumor had it ol Lil Richard was headlining , then Stray Cats. Still, musn't squabble about Duane Eddy and Ventures . Good stuff . Three of us coming out again.

29. jangleguy

jangleguy

Axle - I'll be covering the event for Hot Rod Deluxe, Gosson Bros style: sleeping in my car. Please PM me regarding where to do that.
    Thanks,
    Scotty AKA jangleguy

30. TiredIronGRB

TiredIronGRB

We're planning to head out from east Tennessee March 31st in this...

[​IMG]

...we plan to travel along I-40/Route 66.