Register now to get rid of these ads!

1928 AV8 Radiator...How?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dynaflash_8, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Can i use the stock A radiator on my AV8 project? its a 28 rpu with an 8ba. How did they do it in the past?

Thanks,

Marty

2. The 28-29 are a poor radiator to modify as it is multiple pieces soldered together at the corners. I'm going to use the hose ends off a later v8 radiator on a 30-31 radiator and see how it goes.

3. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

thats what i was thinking of doing. I have 2 junk flathead rads and was gonna just solder the inlets on.

4. I think the v8 radiator would be the better choice, or maybe a custom build for the A grille shell.

5. fastroadster

fastroadster

If you can find a local shop. Have a new core made for it a, have it made with a continued louvered fin w/ 12 fins per inch, 2 1/4 in. thick. Pressurize it. Don't run over a 7# cap (as the top tank will swell) Just with the diffrent core configuration you will pickup 33% more cooling not counting 1/4 difference over a stock model A.

6. Rob Paul

Rob Paul

I did this with a stock 30 radiator in a 29 AV8 roadster. Cut down the core 2", and had a shop recore it, and add two more outlets. Works great. Mechanical fan.

7. bobbooth

bobbooth
    from limeyland

Yep thats the way I did mine, like you say works perfect...