Register now to get rid of these ads!

26 Ford Roadster questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Damien51, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Damien51

Damien51
    from Austin, Tx

I have a buddy who is wanting to build a 26 roadster. He has frame, body, and a 9inch Ford rear end. My question is can anyone throw me any suggestions for front clips, leafs, steering and suspension, etc that will work with these.... I know very little about these particular builds. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Trubble

Trubble
    from Kent Wash.

I used a stock model A front axle and spring. The spring perch is one of those that stick out in front of the cross member to accomidate ride hieght.The steering box is a 60s mustang with a drag link.

3. haychrishay

haychrishay

I used a hand made perch, 4" dropped axle from MAS and the leaf ws behind the springs. I used a Schroeder sprint car steering gear. However I mounted the gear to high and the pitman arm was to long, which made for hard steering and it was to quick. You need to make sure the drag link is not at an angle in relation to the frame rail . If it is at an angle you will notice bumpsteer.

Attached Files:

• 211.JPG
      211.JPG
      File size:
      176.2 KB
      Views:
    • 214.JPG
      214.JPG
      File size:
      465.2 KB
      Views:
    • 202.JPG
      202.JPG
      File size:
      467.3 KB
      Views:
    • 212.jpg
      212.jpg
      File size:
      248.8 KB
      Views:
  4. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

is this a for real question?

5. Damien51

Damien51
    from Austin, Tx

It is a for real question. Friend of mine asked me for my suggestions and I didn't know what to tell him about it. He assumed since I know my way around my car I would know about that build. However, I don't. Told him I would ask around.