Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Wartime photographs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willyslancs, Jan 10, 2012.

1. willyslancs

willyslancs
    from u.k

Would any forum members have any photographs of their relatives/friends , stationed in the u.k during ww2 ?.

Mainly in or near Blackpool , lancashire especially Warton/Freckleton (base air depot 2 during ww2). vehicle pics would be esp nice,but any will do
    Thanks in advance guys ............:)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  2. appaRATus

appaRATus

I do not know where Attlebridge is in relation to the towns you listed but, it was where my Grandfather was stationed at during the war. He wa a navigator in a B24 and flew 35 combat missions and a few non combat after he got his 35 in. Here is a picture of him and his fellow crewmates in front of their plane Hardluck, I have some more photos of him during this time. I will see if I can find them for you.

Attached Files:

3. willyslancs

willyslancs
    from u.k

cheers mate , interesting pic ............

4. appaRATus

appaRATus

I forgot to mention that my Grandfather is the one in the top row, 2nd from the left. Lt. Col. Arnold Whisenant USAFR.
    I have been looking for a few years for a pictures of the nose art from his plane with no luck.

5. lakester47

lakester47

My uncle was stationed in Dunkeswell from mid 1943 until his death in February 1944 when he was shot down over the Bay of Biscay. Are you looking for just pictures of the individual or are you wanting pics with the countryside and/or aircraft?

6. willyslancs

willyslancs
    from u.k

would prefer local mate , but anything is interesting ........regards Mark