Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone named their kids after cars / parts ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fluiddrive1949, Jan 9, 2012.

1. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

holley felsen>henery gregor felsen's daughter

miss felsen is member here @selling copies of her dads books

2. 5window

5window

In 1973, we bought a VW bus stripped down, built a camper into it, named her Rachel and lived there while we started building our WV house. By '78, that bus was gone, with our first child on the way, we bought a "heater that gets 35mpg" (If you ever had a 70's bus you know that that means). We liked the name, though, and in 1983, named our third daughter, Rachel.

3. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Had a cat named Shelby Cobra GT-500 when I was 13. Does that count?

4. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

Here are my 2 children: Rambler and Christine

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  5. malibustevens

malibustevens
    from Illinois

my buddy has one kid named Cooper and wants his next to be Holly, my cats name is Chevy A.K.A. not a Ford......

6. flathead
    I-beam
    banjo
    wishbone
    juice
    bent spoke
    toploader

[​IMG]

7. Judging by the responses, some of you should have been named Dumb Ass.

Can we close this thread now ?

8. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

A couple good car names for girls could be Mercedes or Shelby. But I somehow don't think a name like Hummer would be proper.

9. firingorder1

firingorder1

It would be if the family name is Dinger.

10. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

My daughter's name is Mercedes. Does that make her O/T? :eek:

11. knotttty

knotttty

my youngest son (hes 24 now) is Dusty Ford... actually an old family name.... he's always loved his name.....

12. wheeler.t

wheeler.t

Girlfriends sister is named Shelby after Carroll Shelby

13. lvlynyrd

lvlynyrd
    from Las Vegas

Wife named our new puppie Bentley, other choice was Beamer. I just nick named him Hot Rod.

14. lvlynyrd

lvlynyrd
    from Las Vegas

Wife chose Bentley for our new puppie, over Beamer. I just nicknamed him Hot Rod.

15. this "girl" had a dumb name:

Attached Files:

16. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

We named our DOG ... " Deuce " :)

Her registered name @ the American Kennel Club is

Lil' Steel Deuce Roadster

[​IMG]

Here she is with two 1932 Fords Deuces

[​IMG]

And here she is with a Henry Ford Deuce and my Harley Davidison " Deuce " " FXSTD "

17. thats not rust

thats not rust

Dinah-Flo for a girl
    Held-Member for a boy
    Worm and Roller for twins
    Variable Orifice for the parents

18. Darrins

Darrins
    from Covington

I have done well being Darrin after Dutch himself. Thanks Pop, I love ya! Darrin Himself

19. slowmotion

slowmotion

Everytime my old-man saw a black cat, he'd say there goes a 'beemer'. Took me awhile to figure it out.

20. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Sprocket? Gary

21. Nothing wrong with naming a son Rex unless the last name is Carr, and he goes on to become a race car driver--there was a driver by the name of Rex Carr in the early days of stock car racing.

On another note--I work for the Department of Family and Children Services, and I've noted that children with weird names seem to be more likely to end up in foster care. We've had our share of Pepsis, Sprites, various car names, and made up names that looked like massive unpronounceable typographical errors who were mercifully given more normal names when they were adopted.

22. 5window

5window

Actual, legitimate; Le-a pronounced "leedasha" Honestly!

23. A Rodder

A Rodder

True statement.
    As former foster parents who have adopted four boys, we had a 9christmas your old girl named Takeela. Came from a rough background, like most in their situation do.

24. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

my dogs name is axle, because he is a wiener dog and looks like one...
    he's my kid

25. Named my dog "Carpenter" coz he was always doing odd jobs around the house

26. I know a boy named Chevy and two girls named Shelby...

I used to work with underprivileged youth, and had the nickname 'Sprocket'. Kids liked it because it was different and they could remember it.
    Parents would ask me how/why I got that. I always answered that Sprocket was better than being called Dipstick. :D :rolleyes:

27. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The only time I ever opened my mouth to interfer with my daughter & S-I-L, was when he wanted to name my granddaughter "Chevron" (with the accent on "Chev") because he is a Chevy-nut. I HAD to speak up and I'm glad I did - "Jeanette" is much better !!

28. LOL made me remember.

When I was young I lived in a small town that the local plumbing shop the guys last name was Carr. His plumbing shop was called Honest Carr's Used Johns. There is just some real funny shit out there.

Not so, I have had to put my middle name down for official reasons more than once. It sounds like an animal but ends with an E that is silent. My DI never did figure out it was silent. Between calling my first name out real loud and saying hey B______ what's your first name and hollering my middle name and pronouncing it with the silent E as an EY I became the brunt of everyone's joke and never did get any relief.

Underprivileged children have always had it rough when their folks got around to the name game. I have probably told this before but it is probably the worse name I have ever heard anyone called in my entire life. I went to school in the poorest neighborhoods in the city when I was little. When I was in grammer school there was a new girl that came to school her family was from a southern state. The teacher had her stand up and introduce herself. She said, "My name Vagina." The teacher said, "You mean Virginia don't you?" And the little girl said, "No iss Vagina." We all had to call her Virginia anyway.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  29. My daughters name is Allison Victoria
    Aircraft engine
    Popular Ford body style
    Subtle,yes !