Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Progress report,,1954 "Ranch Wagon" (Update)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jan 8, 2012.

1. My last up date was in October of last year and there has been slow but steady progress,,

[​IMG]

We started installing the glass and the door glass went smoothly but the side sliding glass was a problem,,the window channel that is available today is not as deep a channel and because of the height it needed spacing upwards to be flush with the side of the car,,not 1/4" below.

So a filler piece was made to space it up,,naturally the new glass had to go back to the glass shop and be trimmed.

Long story short everything works good.

[​IMG]

The major hold up on the interior was the material ladyhrp wanted was back ordered,,twice and then they told us it wasn't available anymore,,Damn!

So we took a day off work and went to a upholstery warehouse in Duncan,South Carolina and found what the other shop told us don't exist!

Cats outta the bag,,the color is going to be green and white,,

[​IMG]

Dave sewed up some of the green wind lace where we could get ready for the headliner.

[​IMG]

While he was working on the wind lace I was installing the sound deaden/insulation material on the ceiling.

[​IMG]

The next part of the puzzle was to install the headliner,,it turned out OK but there are a few wrinkles to be dealt with.

[​IMG]

Today,,we tackled the windshield installation,,glass,rubber and stainless in a hole it is supposed to fit in but really don't want to,,I know now why glass men charge what they do,,it is a PITA!

But it's in,,

[​IMG]

before I quit for today,,the dash was re-installed which would have been simple if I hadn't lost all the screws and nuts and bolts,,:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

I also wanted to post a photo of the T-shirts I had printed for Brenda's Flower Shop,,If your new to this thread Brenda's grandmother Jessie bought this wagon in 1954 and used it in her flower shop business for many years. HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  2. raidmagic

raidmagic

That's cool that it's been in the family that long. Looks great nice work

3. HRP,

Lookin' GREAT. This one has been a long road for ya'. I like the color scheme.

You always have COOL stuff.

4. Yes,Her grandmother bought the car new and replaced it with a VW 21 window in the mid 60's and he passed it on to my wife.

We dated in this car and I borrowed it when I had a band to haul the equipment,,we even haul our kids in the car until a front spindle self destructed and the car was barked for about20 years.

5. 58custom

58custom

Great car, great pix and a cool history.

6. Thank you Frank,,it's just been 8 long years so far,,I do hope 2012 is the year I finish this car. HRP

7. Looks great. I like those two door wagons. Glad it's getting done.

8. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

Great progress, and a very beautiful wagon. Nice work, HRP!

9. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

I've been following this wagon for years. It's really looking good. glad to see your wrapping in up.

10. rodncustom

rodncustom

HRP

Looks awesome!

Mark

11. Looks great Danny. Love that color green.

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Looks very nice, I'm sure after working on 1930's cars making the change to late model stuff is a bit different. Maybe now is a good time to post a "before" photo. Look forward to more progress. Bob

13. What a great car, and a wonderful story!

...I second the "before" photo!!!

14. 60 ford

60 ford

That looks great. Thanks for the update.

15. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

I've seen the before pics, definitely a labor of love. Inspiration for those who have stalled projects! Looking Good

16. Love it! Long time coming. Thumbs up from here!

17. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Looks great...really glad to see you getting it back on the road...... especially since it has so much history with your family.....! Gona be sweet!

18. bluesman

bluesman
    from spring tx

Hey Danny looks good! are u starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel? btw how is the deuce sedan?I still think about that car:rolleyes:Randy

19. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Awesome job so far! Like like the color combo too, don't really see many in that forest green.

20. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Looks Good Danny! Keep up the good work...

21. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

The wagon is looking great! I guess this one is a keeper after it being in the family all those years.

22. GaryM

GaryM

HRP
    you know how much I love a wagon....and a two door wagon is even better.
    Love it, man.
    Just wish Fred was here to enjoy it with us.

Gary

23. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

diggin' the interior colors...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  24. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Looks real good HRP. It will be ready for a canned ham in no time..

25. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

man that think is sweet. can wait for it to e 100% done

26. Saw your post on who's the oldest guy on the hamb and linked to your photo/build progress on Fotki......really, really nice work!!....I'm a HUGE wagon guy as well as a ford nut too!.....the 2dr wag's are where it's at, just gett'n harder to find especially in original condition.....I'm looking for one myself, have found a couple of candidates, but time and $$ seem to not coinside, when I need them too!.....planning on a aquisition by june or so......won't be long now and you and your wife will be enjoying your 54!......good luck finishing her up!......later, Doug

27. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

now where is the 21 window bus.... you next project I hope...

28. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

The wagon is looking really good. If these are the latest pics, I'm guessing that you won "The Great Battle of the Beauty Rings".
    This one is a keeper for sure.

29. rld14

rld14

Very nice Danny!

Can't wait to see the finished product! :D

30. sololobo

sololobo

What a sweet Ranch Wagon. The color combo rocks, great car all around. ~sololobo~