Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Need some Help !!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scars, Jan 7, 2012.

1. scars

scars

I an trying to set up my '30 coupe on '32 frame, I unfotunately do not have a complete body that is all together. No floor ect, so it's a step by step meaure, reheck, re measure. I thought I had the body sitting about right but the guy sitting on my shoulder does not think so ! What I need is for someone or as many as possible to tell me what their measurment is from the door pillar to the centre of the diff housing. I think (well the other guy on my shoulder reckons I need to move the body futher back by 3/8".
    Appreciate any help on this.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  2. Fordtudor37

Fordtudor37

If your not putting full fenders on it, leave it the way you have it in the second picture.

Visually it looks correct and in the REAL WORLD if your not using fenders, 0.3750 of an inch is nothing more then (you can quote me) "a piss hole in a snow bank".

Its only going to eat you up and waste time if your not using fenders.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  3. scars

scars

Many thanks "Fordtudor37" I will be running it Fenderless, I hear what you are saying.
    The thing that concerns me is if I have the opportunity to change it now with very little invloved it might be easier than not doing it and have people say "it doesn't look like it's in the middle if the wheel arch" I hope that I can get a few more replies.
    Thanks again I will take your comments on board.

4. that looks perfect to me

5. hotrodarchaeologist

hotrodarchaeologist
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Maine

Mock up your car at ride height. Place an angle finder in the top of the wheel well radius, and move the body forward / back until it points down to zero at the rear axle centerline...You seem to have it very close already...

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  6. d-rod!

d-rod!

looks like you nailed it to me , awsome job...

7. wally55

wally55

Looks very close to me!

8. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

9. scars

scars

I appreciate the comments and help from those so far and I know I have it close but I would still appreciate it if some body coul but a tape measure on theirs and give me that measurement. I just want to get it right first time ! I hate hearing from some one saying later " looks like it should be 1/2" further back".

10. billthx138

billthx138

I would give you measurements but I am away for a couple of weeks and dont have access to the coupe. However, I did as you have in your photos, put on the wheel and tire, then centered the wheel well until it visually looked proper to my eye. I hope that helps.

Attached Files:

11. Fordtudor37

Fordtudor37

Scars,
    Its usually the guy who NEVER built a car who says "you should have built it 1/2" further back".
    How many people do you know with eyeballs that can measure to the 1/2 inch while standing next to a car ?
    Do you know of guys who carry rulers at car shows and measure wheelwells at the show ?
    Do you know of someone who can measure a wheelwell while the car is doing 3KPH ?

Why do you care what other people think of your car ??

YOUR TALKING 0.375" - WHO THE HELL ARE YOU BUILDING IT FOR, YOU OR THEM ???

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  12. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

Oh don't worry, some wise ass will come along and tell you all about how "You shoulda done 47 things different." Then he will walk over to a piece of crap with rust holes and the body sitting on the frame nearly sideways that HE has never put a wrench on and drive away satisfied with him self.
    Don't worry, it is plain to see that you are doing just fine.
    No matter what any one here posts, I figure that you will fiddle with it untill you are happy. :cool::cool:

13. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

14. Looks right to me too.
    Carry on.