Register now to get rid of these ads!

1956 1 1/2 ton chevy "scrap"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cutlassboy68, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

Hey guys so everybody calls me when they have something older and they about to junk it to give me dibs on saving it. (honestly somethings arent worth saving but most are.) So im leaving now to go look at a 1956 ton and a half chevy pick up... So far all i know is its all complete minus the motor, and has a 2 speed rear...
    Pics coming as soon as i get back...

2. russd

russd

I looked at a 51 Chevy big bolt today.guy wanted 1000$. I just can't justify that much.I would of went 500$ just for the sheet meta. Interested to see what you come up with.

3. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

Ok so i bought it... It has a hyradaulic dump bed, 5 speed trans out of a '97, 2 speed rear, it has some solid sheet metal and trim... And i found an old bayonette in it? What you guys think?

I included some pictures of the road it was on... It is a county road...
    Also drove by some '63 1/2 tons, and a 1957 ford retractable, but not a place you get out to take pictures without getting shot...

Attached Files:

4. russd

russd

5. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

Make it a period car hauler!

6. gwarren007

gwarren007

7. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

Already have a 1948 that im doing that to... I think its a little rough to fix, But some great parts im going to strip off, if anyone needs anything... Got the truck for $300, but i gotta figure out how to get it down that road...

Any one need some parts off it?

O and it has 6 lug front wheels? Anyone seen these before? i thought it would have 10 lugs.

8. 6 lug was standard for that size of truck. Where I grew up, most of them had the 235 6 cyl engine.

9. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

O... My 1948 has a ten lug front... No engine in this one...

10. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

GUYS, I CANT KEEP THIS TRUCK PAST THIS FRIDAY!!! Who needs parts? Any part you need!!! Scrap value plus a little to pull it off.

Come on people

11. dirty white boy

dirty white boy
    from Texas

I don't need it, but that tach might be something worth hangin on to. I don't think they're too common.

12. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Check on the chevy truck sites, there's got to be a few guys there with big trucks looking for the wheels. I know the guys on the Ford truck site are always looking for wheels for their big trucks. Too these won't work on the Fords because if they were in good shape some there would take them.

13. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

Check out 67-72chevytrucks.com They have a 47-59 section on there.

14. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

Thanks guys, im getting a list together of what people need. Sadly i dont have much room to stock parts (to much stuff already) or room for this truck... Just want to save as many parts as i can before she goes...

By the way I can cut out patches if anyone needs any...

15. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

Last time im going to bump this

16. MikesIron

MikesIron
    from Union, OR

didn't think you'd mind: ran this post over to the Tri-Five site (http://www.trifive.com/forums/index.php) -- you might get a bite from them.

Mike

17. batt69nova

batt69nova
    from OR

That tach is cool. Might see if it has a module under the hood to run it (like the old sun tachs) and save those if you haven't already scrapped it.

18. I'll send you a PM but I may be able to use the PTO

19. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

thanks mike, I dont mind... So ive got it until monday now, since its suppossed to snow tonite... Ya im going to pull the tach before it goes

20. Doors, hood, windshield, steering wheel, fenders or at least the headlight area out of them, roof marker lights, if that 2-speed rear is six-lug it may be worth some bucks also; all good saves and none will take up a ton of room.

21. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

do you need any of those? I got no room for doors, fenders, or hoods

22. The wheel on front looks to be a 2 piece, not very desirable,,

23. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

They all are 2 piece wheels...

24. Cutlass, you may be able to use the front axle for your buddy's '28 truck. I have a '53 truck axle that fits, '56 might work as well?

25. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

The rims to watch out for are the Ford trucks of the same vintage. The Ford rims are made of two almost equal parts that twist together and depend on the air pressure of the tires to hold them together. No good tire shop is going to touch them because of the liability.

The ones on this truck have the outer snap rings, most truck tire shop will work on these.

26. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

Even the big truck axle?

27. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

LAST CALL!!! She goes monday!!!

28. Sorry man, thought it was a 1/2 ton- my mistake!

29. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

well half of it is gone... Still have the cab and front tires... front half of frame, etc...