Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hi From NJ

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Dave D, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Dave D

Dave D
    from NJ

Hey all,I was born and raised in NJ,and none to proud of it,LOL.Been around Stock Car racing all of my life.I'm still driving and helping wrench on anyone that needs help with their racers.Did the Winston Cup thing for awhile as I spent most of my time in ARCA.Haven't worked an ARCA race since 2003.I have fun at the short tracks.I'm in my mid 40's and enjoy to talk about as well as listen to what others have to say about the past in racing.The early 60's-late 70's in Nascar really interest me.I worked for a short time with Bobby Wawak,Delma Cowart,Randall Ritter,Kerry Teague,and Dickie Williamson of Delma Cowart Racing.Dave D

2. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Dave: Welcome from the West Coast of Florida.

Well I guess living in N.J. you must know Wall Stadium.

There sure are a lot of talented drivers up in your area some running dirt modifies and some running the paved modified series.

I watched the modified race this year in N.H. and without question they put on a much better show that the NASCAR guys do in my opinion.

The top three finishers were all former karters who started racing at about age 7

Jimbo

3. Dave D

Dave D
    from NJ

Jim,I'm preparing a racer to run in the Sportsman division at Wall.Wall is a fun place to be at,let alone to turn a lap there.LOL I come from karts as well.Us old guys are still having fun!