Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rediculous Transportation Methods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Alex S. L., Jan 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex S. L.

Alex S. L.
    BANNED

I know people here have probably done some stuff that is not DOT approved in order to get things from point A to point B. I want to see pictures of crazy transportation setups, overloaded or scary trailers, over full pickup trucks and whatnot.

I'll start it off with my own picture.

This is my 2003 Cavalier with a 351w in the space where the front seat should be. I drove 100kms home with the engine sitting in the passenger compartment.

[​IMG]

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

When I opened this thread, my expectations were pretty low, but thats GREAT! Shoulda seen me trying to fit two replacement floor pans for my Chevy II into the back seat of my wifes Corolla! I didnt take a pic because I didnt want there to be any "evidence". ;):D

3. Alex S. L.

Alex S. L.
    BANNED

There has to be some people who can top that.

Someone show me a complete Model A frame sticking out of a Honda CRX.

4. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

This isn't the craziest thing I've done by far but it'll do as a start. I should add there were seven of us in the truck!

The next one was a crazy 400 mile run in the snow in my 2WD pickup hauling a Topolino on the bed and a '32 Fordor on the trailer.

The next three show how to save fuel by carrying as much as possible;-)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012

5. Alex S. L.

Alex S. L.
    BANNED

That is an appropriate place for a Smart Car

6. hmuchler

hmuchler

burn this thread, go ahead, please. This is Jalopy Journal not funny photos.com.

7. todztoyz

todztoyz

I had a guy buying a 327 from me, wanted to put it in the spare tire well. I told him we could get it in the but I'd hate to see what happens in a crash. That 351 culd have easily killed you in even a minor wreck. Crazy shit we do.

8. Much like the first photo I removed the right seat from my Cessna 172 to haul an L-16 Datsun engine. Dont think I could have done it with a 351.

Never thought to take a picture.

9. desotot

desotot

:cool: seems reasonable to me :D

10. desotot

desotot

We move our own houseboat, its dot legal, but it sure makes my dually feel small.
    [​IMG]

11. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

I think you've misunderstood this whole "Put a Ford in a Chevy" sentiment currently in vogue.

12. i just thought this pic was funny because my tahoe looks smaller then my buddies chevy... not too rediculous i guess

Attached Files:

13. steel3window

steel3window
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's a few shots of how I got my first Model A home. In the back of a bagged mini truck with the tailgate welded shut no less.
    I know, I should have let the air out of the bags before I took the shot, but I was so excited to assemble it that I forgot to...

Attached Files:

14. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

I've hauled around several motorcycles in the back seat of various coupes over the years. Usually have to pull off the front forks & drain all the oil before hand, that and remove the front pass. seat just to get it in there.
    You gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.

15. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Attached Files:

16. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Jeebus......is *THIS* what the HAMB has sunk to??? Come on......get rid of this stupid thread!

Really.....

CB

17. Lazy Boy recliner and two buddies stuffed into my old bug. There was lots of room for the driver, but I wouldn't have wanted to be one of the other two.

Doug.

18. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Way back around '67, soon after I built and started running a '55 Chev in dirt oval racing, I was told by a friend about a '56 Chev. 4 dr. in the back yard of a house over on the "mill village". Those who grew up around a mill town will know what I am talking about.
    Investigation revealed a rusty, beat up hulk with front bumper,doors, hood and trunk lid gone, along with rear axle, trans and engine also gone. But the front susp. and frame were there and looked OK. Old retired couple who lived there said if I took it all, they'd give it to me! At the time I had no trailer, so ingenuity was applied!
    Friend who also was a sponsor on my car had a used car lot and an old '52 Ford 3/4 ton surplus US Air Force bomb hauler truck converted to a wrecker with a nail head installed.
    Borrowed the truck, used the boom and cable to set the front frame horns of the Chev. on the channel iron rear bumper of the truck, and chained it to stay there. Extended the cable out till it would reach over the top of Chev. and down to the rear bumper. Used a mattock to chop a hole in rear of trunk, ran the cable thru the hole, around the rear of frame, bumper, etc. and hooked it back on itself.
    Retracting the cable with the powered winch then lifted the rear up and the car was off the ground!
    Required a very light foot on the throttle to keep the truck's front wheels on the ground, but we made the slow cautious 3 mile trip to my shop, mostly on back roads except the last half mile.
    Friend who loaned me the truck had told me: "If you get caught, or something happens, by God you better tell them you just bought the truck from me!"
    Dave

19. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

I used to have a 1963 Belair, I strapped a 1941 chevy full clip on the trunk lid with room to spare

20. silversink

silversink

Put a sbc block in the trunk of a1965 Valiant, took two of us to get it in there but when I got to the machine shop there was no way in hell it was cimming out of there. Ended up taking the trunk lid off to get it out.

21. choppedtudor

choppedtudor

and you wondered why they would put 'D' rings in the floor of an FJ Cruiser....

Attached Files:

22. Some of these "transports" are funny and innocent, ... some are stupid and unsafe. Forrest Gump got it right, "stupid is as stupid does". LOL

23. Marcosmadness

Marcosmadness
    from California

I carried a BSA motorcycle engine, stuffed in a laundry bag, aboard a Greyhound bus from Abilene Texas to Forth Worth. Fortunately the seat next to me was empty so I didn't have to hold the engine in my lap the whole way there and back.

24. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

My friend Jack and I dragged a 37 Chevy Master Deluxe 4door sedan home with the bumper tied to the bumper of a 1948 Ford 3/4ton breadtruck (actually the Mart TX Rescue Squad truck in it's former life). SInce the one tire was flat on each end it didn't pull well so Jack got in the Chevy and fought the steering problem on the way. The trip was about a mile and a half and when we were stopped by the police about half way the officer told us to stay off the main road and get home before dark. We did.

25. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

did you not use the seat belt on it? shame

26. titus

titus

got a flathead in the back of an HHR panel, its light but it fit.

JEFF

Attached Files:

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Pre-unit, or "power egg"?:D Funny stuff!

28. TIN INDIAN MAN

TIN INDIAN MAN

The only problem is DESOTOT failed to use the seat belt on it...........

29. Couple of "A" coupes, '38 chassis, '35 chassis, "T" sedan, and bunch of
    small parts in the box. Not ridiculous, just a good day at an auction.

Attached Files:

30. Alex S. L.

Alex S. L.
    BANNED

Looks like a good day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.