Register now to get rid of these ads!

Apology to Racinman Rick

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 47chevycoupe, Jan 6, 2012.

1. 47chevycoupe

47chevycoupe
    from Finland

Rick,

I would like to apologize to you here and I will call you.

This post was not to put you down on your hauling. I was trying to show that with all of the issues that you and I are having that we were patient and understanding with each other. With all of the holidays, equipment failures and your wreck it has put you behind schedule. I do thank you for trying to fit my haul in.

Again I am very sorry if my original post offend you. It was not my intentions. I was trying to show that you have bent over backwards to get my car hauled.

I still would recommend Rick to haul your car.

This will be my last post............for a while anyway.

Kevin

2. brady1929

brady1929

3. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Well said

4. chopo

chopo

think before you speak...........................

5. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I have known RICK for over 25 years. :)

Good Guy ... and I would let him haul my stuff anytime ... except I am a road dog too ... and like to ride :D :D

6. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No need to keep from posting. Hang out and smoke a beer...lol.

7. Showed some class to do that. Keep posting. Your not the only person that has put is foot in his mouth.

8. 193257

I have delt with Rick before. Ben D has used my place as a drop off point and Rick has picked it up and I must say he is a stand up guy.

9. Kevin,I'm sure you felt no malice for Rick or that there was any attempt to discredit him.

This was between you and Rick and if you both came to a happy conclusion under the circumstances that's all that matters,,no need to sign off the Hamb,,you have offered your apology and I'm sure Rick has excepted it.

Rick is a good friend of mine and has been since the late 70's and hauling cars and meeting people is what he loves to do and he does a first class job.

unfortunately the recent accident has temporary halted him from preforming his chosen profession,,His truck & trailer are both damaged severely, possibly totaled and he got banged up pretty bad,,

I saw Rick and his wife a few days ago,,he is still hobbling and was on his way to the therapy .

It's gonna take a little more time for him to get everything worked out and start line chasing again but like I said,,I know Rick! HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  10. Holy Crap! I hope Rick gets back on the road soon. Rick hauled both of my cars from one side of the country to the other, door-step to door-step, and I could not have been happier with either the man or the service. Get well soon!

11. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

WOW! I had no idea he had an accident..I have used Rick int he past and had nothing but good things to say about him.. I hope he has a speedy recovery and gets back on the road soon...

12. Kevin, I don't know you or Rick but it takes an honorable man to offer an apology like that in front of the whole HAMB world. I respect that...a lot.

I hope Rick gets better and is able to get back to what he loves soon.

13. Don't stay away too long. The HAMB needs more members that seem to have their head screwed on right.

I'm sure that some folks deserve an online thrashing, but all to often it comes across as a screaming monkey fight and I doubt that everything is permanently resolved. If someone's been wronged they will surely feel better after a good rant but I don't think they realize the power of their words. Verbal venting doesn't always translate well to the printed word. And it's even worse if they don't have basic writing skills and TYPE EVERYTHING IN BOLD CAPITAL LETTERS. :mad:

Rereading your post before submitting it, as if you were reading it for the first time, can help keep you from being misinterpreted. And a well written and thoughtful apology, even if unnecessary, is a pretty classy way to help clear the air.

14. Somebody raised you right!

15. sololobo

sololobo

Nice words for Rick, that accident looks like he is lucky to not be injured more. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. ~sololobo~

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

HOLY SMOKES! So sorry to hear about Rick's accident. Here's wishing he has a speedy and painfree as possible recovery. Ricks a great guy and deserves nothing but repect and friendship.

17. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Cool move dude....

18. well said. you sir, are a stand up guy.

19. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

No Problem Kevin, It may just be Gods way to have me slow down a bit... I have always done what I say I will do, but sometimes things get spun out...
    I will take a little time and heal up. sorry about the scheduling... The Dump truck driver was very negligent in his driving and Locked up his brakes, then Hit me in the rt front almost turning me over... It could have been worse. Thanks Guys for your support! It is good to know!
    Glad I have God on my side! He allows me to be his partner. That is all you need!
    Thanks Rick

20. afaulk

afaulk

It's always easier to stick ones foot into the mouth, than to get it out. It's worth the effort though.

21. Stand-up apology.

Hope Rick is on the road again.