Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for my old 1957 wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clarky1966, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Outstanding!! Now, make sure you stay in regular contact with the current owner. Those promises have a way of unintentionally slipping out of the memory banks over time.

2. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

Does it still have the sticker? My Dad purchased a 1956 vette from the dealership he worked for in 1955. During the 1 year he had it, he pasted a KUGN ( radio) sticker on the dash just in front of the mirror:rolleyes: , he had to sell it shortly after. Regretting the sale for several years he was traveling in Arizona and spotted an early vette next to the " used car shack" at a less than shady car lot. No grille, no headlight rings and the left side caved in from a wandering cow looking for something to scratch against. It also had the same radio station sticker in the same spot.....same car. He bought it back for waaaaay more than it was worth and was my High School graduation present. 42,000 miles and we restored the paint, interior and mild mechanicals. No body off as the underside is super clean. Still have the car and my 22 year old daughter is in line to get it in a couple more years. Always put an identifier on your car, you never know which one you might want back :)

3. clarky1966

clarky1966

Cool story newfisher. The sticker looks to be gone, but it is absolutely my old wagon. He told me too many things about it for it not to be. The vins match and stuff too. Thanks again everyone for your help.

4. SICK1

SICK1

gotta love the 57 wagons.. my pops has had this one for 28+ years.. he said hes gunna get buried in it because me and all my bros fight over whos gunna get it..LOL

Attached Files:

5. Bilt

Bilt

6. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

Glad you found it. Newbs always have a few dicks to deal with no matter what you post. Hope you get it back. Not everyone here is an a hole that has built 100 cars and they are all better than yours, or atleast they feel they need to point out how much cool stuff they have worked to make them feel better for there own selfish reasons. Give this site a chance you will meet some cool people.