Register now to get rid of these ads!

WANT A JOB?: Looking of a GRAPHIC DESIGNER for Goodguys DESIGN Department!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Dec 7, 2011.

1. dirtydixon

dirtydixon

I wish I was on the other side of the country. I would be all over this.

2. skot71

skot71

I work at a University. Budget, you know?? heehee....

3. KIRK!

KIRK!

Just got my new 27" iMac yesterday!

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Damn I hate Mac's and their ever increasing monitors. I have a 24" upstairs but I normally am working on a 17" MacBook Pro. 24" seems big coming from of a macbook.

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

For real!! The publisher I work for had like 25 people working there jut shortly before I started. Then I came in and there were like 7 of us. Then the publisher got wind that I could work fast enough and well enough that he got rid of 3 of those people. Now I'm one of 4 that puts together 6 magazines. One every 7 days and that seems normal to me.

6. skot71

skot71

The pre-press department here consists of one....me. 2 student helpers with limited hours. Computer to plate cuts down a lot of time.

7. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

You nailed it Dave, 25 years experience doing exactly what he's looking for... Can't move the family to CA for a $40 to $50k job, I'm making more than that here in NC.

It's a trip hearing you guys ramble about the same old skool chit I used to do--rapidiographs, rubylith, waxers, Pagemaker, Quark etc. Ah, the good old days. :D Now in and out of InDesign, PhotoShop and Illustrator all day every day...

8. MalibuKasey

MalibuKasey

Thats how I started!! That would be a sweet gig... and JJ... your like Superman!

9. KIRK!

KIRK!

Anyone else?

10. Django

Django
    from Chicago

As long as others are offering up freelance work, what the hell, I do freelance work all the time... packaging, clothing, print, ads, P.O.P, illustration, etc. :D

http://www.djangostudios.com

That would have been a dream job 15 years ago. I would have moved too. I was trying to get into Primedia at the time, but the only opening was in a gun magazine. They told me that I could transfer when a position became available, but it was a long way to move to work at a Gun magazine.

11. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

LOL Django...Primedia didn't last very long..."The largest targeted media company" had to sell out... I worked for them here in Denver as an Ad Production Manager...I handled the advertsing pages in 11 monthly mags...of course, none of the mags I worked on were car mags...but it paid the mortgage.

R-

12. S.F.

S.F.

Just graduated with a graphic design degree, been a car guy my whole life. Do I actually have to move to cali or can this job be more of a freelance/remote type job?

So far i think im ahead of several:
    I Dont snuggle midgets
    I Dont think your the devil himself.
    Im sure theres more but those stood out for the most part

13. Hairy1

Hairy1
    from Lathrop,CA

You can live here off of 40-50k a year. You just have to live in the valley and commute. A lot of people do it here and there is a commuter train that takes you to Dublin/Pleasanton. Not everywhere in California is expensive.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  14. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Sadly I can no leaves dreams job of the playing with thee poo.

15. I dont know of any graphic designers, but heres a card for a millwright if you ever need one:

[​IMG]

16. KIRK!

KIRK!

Awesome!

17. Tim Jones

Tim Jones

Yup I'm interested in working with you guys as a freelancer as well. Let me know if I can help. I'd jump all over it.

http://timjonescreative.com/

18. Lurker McGurk

Lurker McGurk
    BANNED
    from next door

Not really qualified, but if you you could bump that up to $60,000,... I might think about it.