Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whatever happened to "Fat Jack" Robinson?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fat Hack, Nov 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LastMinuteMark

LastMinuteMark
    from So. Cal.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  2. I know Bob Bauder had a big role in that car as well.

3. Ditto!!

Steve

4. His orange 46 was killer! I was watching some Jackson bros videos ,and the crash was on there ,it was a bad wreck! not much left of it!

5. bob3757

bob3757
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tigard, Or

Here's a few "after" pictures of Fat Jack's "46. Bob

Attached Files:

6. Wagonmaster2

Wagonmaster2

Lil' John is no longer with us...Think it was Cancer....

7. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jack's 46 (and Jerry Moorland's 40 sedan ) did it for me. Good to know he is a live and well.
    [​IMG]

exterminator likes this.
  8. Yep, brain cancer. Lil' John was the MAN. One of the best innovators and fabricators I have ever seen. His stuff was pure art.

9. TV

TV

Fat-N-Low, Ya you are correct, Bauder worked with Tom as well as others, it was a Bitchen car.--TV

10. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kinda what I was thinkin...

11. Here's some YouTube video clips of Fat Jack's '46 @ Baylands (Fremont Drag Strip):

NOTE: Yes ... I do realize that these are the same clips that I've posted in other H.A.M.B. threads ... and the same clips that MTP posted links to back in post #67.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. I was wondering that as well ... Fat Hack started this thread on November 3rd 2003 ... his last HAMB post was on May 20th 2009 ... and the last time he logged onto the HAMB was on September 29th 2009 ... so I "did a search" and found this thread: Where is Fat Hack? :)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  13. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I suppose we all get our fill of anything now n then. I've had gaps in my activity here like many have. I hope he's doin well.

14. modernbeat

modernbeat
    from Dallas, TX

15. alchemy

alchemy

Yes, this is the epitome of Resto Rodding in the 70's. Absolutely nothing on this car could be improved upon. If all resto rods looked this good, I doubt the smoothie-high-tech craze ever would have begun.

16. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Actually, that little "A" was kinda the precuorser to a breif "trend" that was mostly a western thing in the late seventies and early eighties called "blackout". I know Fat Jack was knee deep in that too, but the first car that comes to mind was Del Austin's little full fendered '26 "T". Basically stock bodied early cars slicked just a bit and dropped super low with most everything including usual bright work painted black. Wheels were usually Tru-spokes like above, but that was also when bright polished Halibrand Sprints were starting to become the hot item, and by the end of the couple years of this were most common. Still a look I love!

Surf City likes this.
  17. modernbeat

modernbeat
    from Dallas, TX

I had a whole thread going about that car.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=190250

[​IMG]

18. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Fat Jack is alive and well and visits us often at the Broiler, He comes in with PRE48V-8, his daughter-in-law and their son. On ocassion Johnny Rotten comes in as well. Jack, John and I are members of The Outriders and have have been for something like 25yrs.

When people first met Jack back in the late 70's early 80's he was very brash. He has always been the kinda guy that needs to get to know you. when he feels that you are ok, he'll treat ya like family.

Many times I have seen John, Jack and PRE48V-8 at the LARS, we've talked people, history and many of the cars that many have posted here. One car not mentioned is one of the ones that I remember seeing as a teen. It was a full fendered Black 32 3W. that was "Fat Jack Low", just look at that A-roadster for reference.

19. J-HAWKER

J-HAWKER

I used to live 4 houses away from Jack and his Family. The last time I talked to his son Johnny, Jack sold the house and moved the buisness to Lake Perris,Ca. Jack and Johnny were both on an episode of Jessie James Monster garage.

20. J-HAWKER

J-HAWKER

The one car I especially liked was his friends Orange colored Henry-J that had the inscription, 'Basic Transportation', above the rear bumper.

21. J-HAWKER

J-HAWKER

Hey pre48V-8, This is Frank Zarazua I lived on the corner of Violetta and 221St In H.G. Tino's older Brother. Just got on this site and read about John, i hope he is doing ok. Say hi to your mom and dad

22. BetterClassics47

BetterClassics47

Hi from BetterClassics47.....the guy who thought he bought a green '47 Ford made by Fat Jack. I've been away from the H.A.M.B., but started to look up my original inquiry and saw what you....then Rick Ray wrote back to me. Rick said he sent me contact info and said he's share the history of the car with me, but I never got his correspondence. I'd really like to catch up with him. By any chance, do you know how to contact him? My regular business email is: [email protected] . I'd appreciate knowing how to reach Rick or have you put him in touch with me. Thanks, in advance.
    Best regards,
    LARRY
    [email protected]

23. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Great Sunday morning read. Like hot rod royalty giving us an update.

I always thought it was so neat when Lil' John went Indy Car Racing. Lots of talented folks mentioned and participating in this thread.

24. Talk about bringing threads back from the dead,,this one is 10 years old! HRP

25. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

interesting read,nevertheless

26. cheesegrater

cheesegrater
    from california

Wheres the Moreland 40 Sedan???????

27. I picked this up at Fremont at the Nostalgia Nats when I was 15 years old in 1985! image.jpeg

28. A Boner

A Boner

Lots of neat hot rod stuff has happened in the last 50 years!

29. he's probably gone onto face book or instagram or something. But if anyone see's him he still owes me about 100 dollars.

30. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

great to see this car back in the hands of some one who really appreciates it.

these two cars made such a huge impact on so many people back in the fay. I say this because I for one followed the articles on the build and then the showdown drag meet from the other side of the world.
    Could not get enough of it.

Lorenzini likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.