Register now to get rid of these ads!

Road racing?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cutlassboy68, Jan 2, 2012.

1. lakester47

lakester47

Road raced a G Production Midget mostly in Texas in the early 70's. I agree with TomWar, it was a hot rod in the truest sense of the word. Every piece of that car was modified in some manner.

2. Terry Buffum

Terry Buffum
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Oregon

Gary,

John and I are related, but very distantly. I talked to him a few times in the late 1960s or early 1970s while he was running rallies with a 911 and then a TR-8 and I was with Go Power, a dynamometer manufacturer. We would not know each other if we were two of a crowd of three, however.

3. PurHell

PurHell
    from So Cal

Trying to finish the '55 Victress as this messed up economy will allow..
    Working on the running gear and all the li'l stuff... small block, Jag XK120 chassis... The wheels, side pipes and graphics are photochoped in for direction...

This would be good Dog Fight fodder ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I see. I'd give him a shout, just for fun and meet up some place. He was friends with some of the folks I hung out with / gophered for at that time racing IMSA and SCCA GTs. Very nice guy and plenty fast. I knew him well enough that he'd say hi when passing in a crowd and if he asked me for a Coke I'd find one for him, no sweat. That's what gophers do, eh? Gary

5. 5CHERO8

5CHERO8

My late wife and I raced a pseudo-Yenko Stinger for eight years.

Attached Files: