Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Oddball Gassers, Altereds and Streetfreaks.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by metalshapes, Jan 10, 2009.

1. I don't care what anybody says or if anybodies feelings are hurt. This car is just WRONG !!!

Attached Files:

2. yeah the color and the scoop arent to my taste on a 57 chevy

3. Color, wheels and scoop scream '80's Pro Street. What do you see in the windows? Radiator looks aluminum, shocks, chrome headers? Those Gay little turn signals. No, wrong, wrong, wrong.

4. 1950 silver bullet

1950 silver bullet
    from Austin, TX

EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN IDEAS R. Seghi . LIKE ME THINKING YOURE 55 SETS A LITTLE TO LOW IN THE ASS !!! BUILD'EM THE WAY YOU WANT'EM BOYS THEN DRIVE THE HELL OUT OF THEM.

5. I'm already thinking of raising the rear of mine. Mine is no where near done.

6. metalshapes

metalshapes

And a photoshop, by the looks of it...

7. Igosplut

Igosplut

8. Saxxon

Saxxon

Dammit... way too coool but way to far and way too many projects on the go. Otherwise I would love to dig into that little monster

9. This is a more recent picture of the same car with some improvements. Different rolling stock and lossing that awfull scoop does help, but its a little tall for my taste.

Attached Files:

10. straightaxle65

straightaxle65

That color is for a Kawasaki dirt bike and the Dog Dick hood scoop is meant for a modern day Pro Stocker (and even they suck).

11. Elvisaurusrex

Elvisaurusrex

Hey, well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Even escaped mental patients and psycho killers.

If apples to oranges is T-Buckets to Lowriders... Then that car is a disemboweled opossum.... Sorry to spread the hatred around like hot butter on bread, but this thread was a great big pleasure pile before that thing showed up. Look on the bright side- the wheels are chromed, at least, and not billet! Would it help if the same car was a '54? :confused:

I would post a picture, but I ain't got shit you boys ain't already posted up!! Can't get anything past you guys....

EDIT: I do, however, quite enjoy the Mr. Horsepower...

12. 296moon

296moon
    from england

Hope to have one of these running this year [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Saxxon

Saxxon

Looks like a couple of good match races being set up with Littleman's 333 project and the Toymaker's Evil Twin.

I pay a dollar to see that !!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  14. deto

deto

Incredible thread. "Stricnine" might be the baddest 55 on record. That AWB treatment is killer.

So does anybody else thing the altered VW's look like a topolino? I'm wanting to build a race car and this piqued my interest.

Now I have proof so if I get up enough guts to build one the HAMB police wont tar and feather me.

15. jimmitchell70

jimmitchell70
    from CT

#67 - Every ounce of me wants to hill climb or dirt track that little Sherman-Allinson!
    This thread is terrific!

16. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Man i love hose 63 Corvairs done up Gasser Style

17. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

I love that bug!

18. Anybody got anymore? I was surfing the HAMB this morning and found this thread.
    This is the best " Monday morning coffee" I've had in awhile! Thanks to all

19. Larry T

Larry T

I guess this is an oddball Streetfreak. Since "badder is better", I always kinda liked it.
    Larry T

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. i love hotwheels' " WAY TOO FAST "also you gonna put blowers on it?

21. You guys got me going. I'm thinking about how hard it would be to pull the glass '29 body off my car and wedge a VW body on it.....

22. This thread is giving me permission to put a ridiculously large engine with an equally ridiculously large supercharger into the most oddball car or bathtub I can find....sweet!

23. JAWS

JAWS

24. Yup, I'd say that qualifies! Although he needs some Cragars or Keystones on the front! <grin>

25. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

26. Deuces

Deuces

27. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Hers one I just scored of craigslist...Ive got a thread on it too see more..JOHN

Attached Files:

28. Penetrator

Penetrator
    from SK CAN

29. marks73turbota

marks73turbota

Just an update on my '63 Catalina. Finished the firewall/engine setback. This is the single turbo setup I originally intended to use.
    [​IMG]
    I have since changed to twin turbos, twin intercoolers, a tunnel ram with twin 750 blow thrus, and I'm going to use a shotgun scoop to pressurize the carbs. I had to make smaller plates for inside the shotgun inlets for a pair of 3 inch tubing comeing up from the intercoolers. The little tank between the intercoolers is the recovery tank for the air to water system. The pump will be under the tank pushing the water thru the front mount heat exchanger and then thru the systm back to the tank.
    [​IMG]
    I have the ladder bars built and a temp front crossmember to hang them from so I can move the car around.
    [​IMG]
    This is the car down on its wheels to show its probable final stance.
    [​IMG]

Mark L

30. marks73turbota

marks73turbota

I've also received a Hilborn cam driven fuel pump from a Friend that was used on Lopers Fuel Dragster back in the day. The guy work for Johnny Loper and was given the pump by Johnny. He gave it to me to find a way to use it on the Catalina. So I got a pump drive adaptor from Steve Barcak (applekrate) that he has made for him for his fueler. So I'm gong to use it for a fuel pump.
    [​IMG]
    With the carbs I will have enough fuel in the bowls to run the engine until the pump can prime and pump the fuel from the tank to the front. If it supplied enough fuel for a 3000 hp fuel motor it should work fine for me. A bypass regulator will pass the unused fuel back to the tank.
    I finally decided on the front tire and rim assemblies and bought new 15X6 w/2 inch back spacing Crager Super Stocks. With 215/17/15 radials.
    [​IMG]
    Just started cutting and filling the steering wheel column sleeve to rid it of the column shifter bump. And found an old, but in great shape sponge rim three spoke racing steering wheel to use. Just ordered the steering knuckles and shaft so I can start mounting all the steering components soon.
    I got the rearend center section all done, nodular case with a 35 spline Detroit locker.
    [​IMG]
    35 spline axles are on order so I'm waiting for them to come in. The rearend was all widened to fit the 31X16X15 ET Streets nicely in the wheelwells.
    I also made up my mind to go to a manual trans. A good friend found one of the Dearborn top loader (Ford) 3 speeds for me so I have that home now, I bought a used Lakewood Bell housing at Pontiac Heaven and I'm looking for Hurst or Mr. Gasket V Gate shifter I can modify to work the 3 speed.
    Long ways to go but getting things done.
    Mark L