Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1937 to 1942 Willys Picture Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Willys, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

38 street rod Willys

Attached Files:

• 102.jpg
      102.jpg
      File size:
      136.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

How about a panel?

Attached Files:

3. wally95

wally95
    from Boone Iowa

Drag Racing 079.jpg (424.6 KB)

Attached Files:

4. 33HEMI

33HEMI

Hope these aren't old post`s,
    Merry Christmas and a Happy Willys New Year to you all.

LAZZAR & LAZZAR-BRISTOL 1971.jpg

S&S Speed Shop at Cecil County.jpg

white%20willys0001.jpg

5. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

This was found in another thread here in the HAMB and I felt it needed to be posted here. These pictures were taken in 1963 at Englishtown NJ. This A Gasser is one of three '41 Willys convertibles built by the factory. This particular car was bought new off the stand at the New York Auto Show. Pearl Harbor brought a stop to any plans to produce these. The engine is Chry Hemi, the unusual chain drive blower setup is a B52 bomber air starter motor running backwards. Car was run by Keck / DeCell. These days they do feel kind of bad making it a gasser but they couldn't find a coupe at the time. I wonder what ever happened to it?
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
    <FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND>[​IMG] [​IMG]

</FIELDSET>

6. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

^ This was an interesting reply about it ^

I was going thru some of the older willys threads and came onto this one. Many years ago, there was a 41 conv. here in Phoenix,[Eddies used cars at 32nd street and Washington.]. The car was for sale in Hemming motor news prior to Phoenix. The car was from PA. It was an old gasser. Had a greasy 392 Hemi,[intake was missing], American magnesium rims. The top bows were on the car.The car was very rough. Looked like it had been setting out in the snow for years. You did not have to open the hood to see the ground.I checked the car over very closely. Almost all of the paint was gone on the car. The lead seams could be seen. Above the trunk there were 2 lead seams, not in the same location as a coupe. The drivers door did not have any patch work at the front and rear top as if the coupe door was used.The pass. side door did have repairs as if a coupe door was used. The guy who bought the car paid $9000 for the car. At that time, that was a lot of money. He did nothing with the car and sold it later.Do not know where it went to. <!-- / message -->

7. hotrod--willys

hotrod--willys

Thanks to Jack Coonrod for the 1936 Willys parts to complete my 1936 Australian 4 door pheaton.

8. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Just got these pictures from a California buddie, Mick Coyne. He has just joined the HAMB and asked me to post pics of his two killer hot rods! Welcome Mick, your Willys is bad ass!

Attached Files:

9. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

More of Micks steel Willys.

Attached Files:

10. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Last ones for now.

Attached Files:

11. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Forgot the motor.

Attached Files:

12. FAM4WILLYS

FAM4WILLYS

Hi

Does anyone remember the "INTRUDER". A Tangerine, A/Gas and A/GAS SUPER CHARGED, 41-Willys that used to race at The San Francisco Bay Area strips in the 60's and 70's? Is it still around? Can anyone come up with a few pictures?

Thanks.......TOM

13. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Found these in Larry Watsons thread.

Attached Files:

14. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

I love this picture! My favorite Willys running against my local hero. I need a copy of this for my shop wall.

Attached Files:

15. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Make sure you pick up issue # 53 of the Rodders Journal to check out the 1941 Willys coupe of Tom Venezia, thats RJ's publisher Steve Coonan behind the camera.

Attached Files:

16. NAPA 68

NAPA 68

That car is pretty cool!

17. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Wishing all of you a Willy Happy New Year!

18. skillit

skillit
    from lima ohio

here's mine

Attached Files:

19. jammersspeed

jammersspeed
    from herman mn.

'40 sedan

Attached Files:

20. Gassy

Gassy
    from Tennessee

Hopefully this one will answer a few questions for the guys wondering about factory 2 door sedans. It had removable rear quarter window garnish moldings and the round style gauges like the 38's.

Yep, one more I can add to the list that I should have kept. If only I were rich..... :confused:

Attached Files:

21. Gassy,
    Very good example for those still wondering about factory versus home made 2-doors.
    Seems like Willys always had extra parts to use up at the end of a production year (the round guages) Can't quite see if this one had round tail lights or the belt line style...I have seen both.

I have a very nice set of those window mouldings for a two door, and one of the winding mechanisms for any one out there looking... reasonable price...pm me for details...g-willys

22. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

sorry for the poor Quality i took the pics from magazines obviously

Attached Files:

23. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

I got mine, just can't find the time to open it up. But an un-read Rodder's Journal is like money in the bank, and when the snow flies I will make a withdrawal. :D

24. Glenwoodgasser

Glenwoodgasser
    from Arizona

Thanks for the plug Mr Gasser. I am stoked to have had TRJ shoot my Willys..never thinking it would make it beyond the cutting room floor. I couldnt believe when I got the call it was to be on the B cover of #53 too. Honored to say the least.

25. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can't wait to get ours. To make it into the Rodders Journal is the holy grail.

26. ELMER FUDD

ELMER FUDD

Rusty Delling told me that driving this truck was a total trip. He said it was weird because it made almost no noise, but it would haul ass once the turbo spooled. He claimed it would out-MPH all the other gassers by almost 20 MPH.

27. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Here are some pictures of our lastest project. I know this isn't a project thread but it is a 1940 willys.

28. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

There is one in a garage in my town - I have not seen it in many years - I remember the guy saying it was one of three...........The car was in horrible shape and had been a gasser - I remember what paint was left was a yellow or orange color and I thought some barely visible writing on the door was a large 41x in black - there was no motor and I think it had the remnants of an old roll bar - I'll dig around for more info or try to get some pics - we always assumed it was a coupe with the top cut off

29. mika112

mika112

i love willys 41 .

30. willysgasser40

willysgasser40
    from Illinois

I have been it to Willys since the 60's & get sick over how many people have sanded history off original gassers & made "Big John " clones & pro-street cars out of cars with racing history ! How sad !!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
    caseyajones likes this.