Register now to get rid of these ads!

Seventeen

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Been a blast every single year.....more to come.

Thanks.

2. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Like so many others have said, thanks Ryan for creating the JJ and the HAMB. I've only been here a couple of years but got hooked early. The breadth of talent on here is amazing and I get a kick out what some members have done with rusty old pieces of junk. Between the wisdom and accomplishments of the old timers and the enthusiasm of the youngsters this place really covers the spectrum of our passion and helps not only keep it alive but spread it around the globe. 17 years ago who'da thunk I'd be talking to a guy in the Netherlands about his cool hotrod project? Merry Christmas to all. Eli

3. HAMB member #22 and still around! You have done something great Ryan. Congrats to you and to my daughter (she will be 17 in a few days!) /Per

4. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

yay for mom... I always thought 'the jalopy journal' was an awesome name.

-W

5. S.F.

S.F.

I found the hamb in '99 while goofin off on the internet. I thought '' I dont need to join a stinken message board, I'd rather do somethin else than sit on the internet".....after all my friends kept hounding me about it I finally joined in 06. my responce to them was "why didnt you guys make me join years ago?" been addicted since....

6. truckjim

truckjim

I'm pretty new to the Journal but after working on a start-up mag and being the one man band for a large newsletter my hats off to you. I worked harder at desktop publishing than at work and when it became a 'job' :( backed away. You truly have given thousands a voice and a glimpse into the life of others.:) Have a great holiday and thanks from all of us.:D

7. BISHOP

BISHOP

Thanks. I have learned a lot about traditional hot rods, this place lead me right.

I honestly couldn't build my pickup without this place.
    Well, I could, but it would have looked stupid.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  8. Steve Ray

Steve Ray

Merry Christmas Ryan! I found the HAMB in 1999 and I've enjoyed it ever since. I've met some cool people and made a few friends as well. I also credit the HAMB with rekindling my interest in hot rods and customs in addition to my many other gearhead interests.

Viva la HAMB!

[​IMG]

9. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE HERE ON THE HAMB!
    17 years ago I was 29 and building an offroad Karmann Ghia after just moving to Tucson. I was on dialup AOL running Windows 3.1.1

Anyway MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL!!!!!!!!! May we all continue to motivate, educate and enjoy this hobby we all share

John

10. mitchell stewart

mitchell stewart
    from toronto On

Thank you Ryan for the best automitive board on the internet! And thanks to Norwell for putting me on to it.

11. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Two years ago, I didn`t even have a computer. 17 years ago I envisioned my car with widewhites, 57 Caddy Hubcaps and a 58 Buick grille. When I was a youngster, the only thing the kids messed around with that had computers played Dungen and Dragons. Seemed like a lost cause to me. I guess i`m old fashion.

12. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

ryan, thanks for this great site, and its making , hope you and your family have a verry merry x-mas . heres to the future and a whole lot of many 17 years ahead MERRY CHRISTMAS

13. Jalopy Banger

Jalopy Banger
    from Sweden

Thanks Ryan, i'm glad You started this 17 years ago. It's easy to be addicted to the H.A.M.B.

14. crashbox

crashbox

I found the HAMB via Rex Rods while trying to find some info about a certain Revolution taking place in Pengrove, Ca.
    Thank you, Ryan, this place really is a gift.
    Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Seasons Greetings to all.
    Tom

15. Merry Christmas to all....

Hell Seventeen years ago, I didn't even know what html. meant. Come to think of it, I still don't know what in the hell an html. is.
    Some things never change.

I love the hot rod history lessons that this site brings out.....

16. Zombo

Zombo
    1. oHIo

Wow how cool to see the old home page logo. I almost forgot about that.

17. 'Mo

'Mo

Hail to the Chief!

18. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Merry Christmas to you Ryan! Thanks for bringing us all together, isn't that what Christmas is all about? :cool:

19. Gsnickets

Gsnickets

ryan, I ran into some hard times this last year, and didn't have the extra money to keep my alliance membership... I honestly felt bad about it because this place has saved me literally thousands of dollars building and maintaining my car. I can't think you, and the members I've met through here, enough for making this place what it is. I truly appreciate it, and consider my membership renewed. thanks again, and I look forward to another 17 years.

20. 17 is old enough for you know what

21. Joined 5 1/2 years ago. Haven't missed a day since. Love this place. Thanks Ryan. Merry Christmas!

22. Pop-Rodder

Pop-Rodder

I only recently found this site, but I must say, this is the single most informative site in the entire web for the hot rodding community. What you have done here is simply incredible. Thank you for this and congratulations on the success of the site. >insert standing ovation<

23. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

Xmas is a wonderful time for sharing with others and this site allows that sharing to go on every day throughout the year. Thanks, Ryan, for providing the inspiration and more importantly the means,to make this happen. Here's to 17 more years !

24. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

What happened in 2001 when we all lost our post count and had to re-register?

25. I remember finding that online years ago w/o a lot of content. When the HAMB did start it scared the heck out of me!!! I eventually joined up but kept my mouth shut and didn't start posting regular til the HAMB-RRT wars. C9 kept telling me the HAMB wasn't as crazy as it seemed back then.

Thanks for the vision boss!!!

26. I was trying to remember how I found out about it. Could have been the Big Blue Car as well, or it might have just been a link from the RRT. Too long ago now to remember!

I think I started www.the-rumbler.com around 1999... Getting old... but that's way better than the alternative. :)

27. I'm grateful you did! I start every day here. I promise to join the alliance this month.....

28. stan292

stan292

Ryan -

Somehow, even after all these years, I have the feeling we ain't seen nothin' yet. (-:

I've said it before, and will do so again. You are a most remarkable person. Your amazing accomplishments speak for themselves. Best wishes in all you do.

P.S. Thanks for alll the fun your brainchild has given me - and BTW - thanks for putting up with the "Old Fart's Club".

29. In my college computer class assignment required students to use a search engine, find and image, and save it on a file. Well, the old slick and torque trust of the original Jalopy Journal was my selected image and hot rodding on line for me began!

Granted it took me 10 years to register on the HAMB. : )

30. edweird

edweird

thanks ryan. you've made me realize that there ARE other people who think like me.......................and thats scary! I'VE MADE ALOT OF FRIENDS HERE.long live the hamb!