Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got a surprise taking out my old headliner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by inkstain27, Jan 3, 2012.

1. ZRODZ

ZRODZ

Any other treasure with that mummy?

2. inkstain27

inkstain27

Just a bunch of rotten chewed up insulation

3. the-rodster

the-rodster

That's some funny shit.

I have a friend (we'll call him Bob) that just knew he had a dead animal in the cab of his truck, stripped the whole cab down to metal, and power washed it.

He later found out that we had tied a dead possum to the top of his tranny.

Rich

4. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

A buddy of mine bought a '65 Chrysler 300. As I am sitting in the passenger seat, I flipped down the sun visor and got a lap full of dead mice. :eek:
    There was a large hole in the headliner that the sun visor was covering.

5. Protofuria

Protofuria
    from France

same thing happened to one of my friends when taking apart a '68 beetle!

6. FormerFueler

FormerFueler

I found a nest LIVE mice under the seat of my 53!

7. afaulk

afaulk

Hmm, i Grand Prix? I would have expected that in an old Moustang......

8. Tommy Frantz

Tommy Frantz

I pulled two mice out of a North American AT6 I was rewiring...my first plane mouse experience. kinda gross

9. Cruiser

Cruiser

Never had a mouse problem or spiders in a old car yet. I did have a war with one nasty lizard who was pissed off that I was messing with his home. Took a few days to get him out of the car, then the little bastard moved back in, finally got him in into a big bag. Took the little bastard into hills behind the house and let him go, he was still hissing at me. :D

CRUISER :cool:

10. Cruiser

Cruiser

This happened to my wife's Toyota found a nest in the heater blower and it made a strange sound when turned on. The shop told me it's happens quit often mice looking for a cozy spot for a nest, this was in the garage too. Costly to remove everything to get them out. :D

CRUISER :cool:

11. Buzzard II

Buzzard II

I found a mean rat in the kick panel of a field find 55 chevy once. Double tap in the head-no more rat!

12. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

I hear that all the time anyway, gastric bypass and fried onions don't help much either <grin>

13. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Give him a proper burial....hate to see your car haunted!!

14. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Does your car have a mouse motor to?

15. that must have been one the big snake could only scare ..

16. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

The mouse nest that I pulled out from above the black Angora hair headliner in a 40 Willys sedan was huge. I think it was an apartment building for rodents. I hated the headliner more than the dried up rodents.

17. When I first got my 54 Olds home after setting for years in a field poured gas in carb all it wold do was backfire through carb a little more gas & BOOM blew the muffeler in half they must have had a condo in there PS it fired up & started to idle after that

18. Damn that would have scared the crap outta me! I hate mice and snakes.....-shutters- LOL

19. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

I bought a car that came with at least 2 live mice. I had a hard time getting them out but finally did and found the nest later.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

20. He had a couple of friends I found that were long dead in the headliner of our wagon when I removed it. HRP

21. One of the reasons I finally talked the P/O into selling my 47 was that the mice had found it.
    I vacuumed and scrubbed for a few days and was proud that the car didn't smell like mouse piss any more. A friend was looking in the back window a few days ago and said "You got mice?" I looked and there were a few left over "calling cards" that I couldn't reach with the vacuum. I was a little red in the face.
    My interior guy says he's gotten used to them.

P.S. Thanks for the laughs!!!!

22. Pay attention to whats in their nest especially the colors of the wires. Moght giv you a clue why a certain fuse blows;)

23. At least it wasn't alive and fell in your lap. Would pay money to have seen that! :)
    Makes you wonder how the little bastards get in there in the first place.

24. 24riverview

24riverview

A mouse story- being a former government worker I had Veterans day off a few years back. Wife calls says I'm meeting her for lunch, being a nice day I decide to drive my coupe. I'm going down the road and catch something out of the corner of my eye, mouse sitting on the back of my seat. Pull off road, get out, little bastard just sits there looking at me. Don't want to grab it and get bit so I flick it with the middle finger on my right hand. Jumps then of course and I miss. At least it's gone.
    Go to take off again grab 4 gear shifter and hand fells "funny". Remove hand from shifter, straighten fingers out, now hurts like hell. Picture the tendon that runs on top of the lower middle finger knuckle dropping off the knuckle down between the knuckles. The dropping wasn't painful, when it popped back on top is when it hurt.
    3 weeks off work with my hand in a cast. I think there's still people who don't believe that story.

25. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

The poor little guy just had great aspirations...

Attached Files:

26. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

I bought a (mouse motor )327 engine for my T coupe . the previous owner stored it for years without a carb on it and when I pulled the heads in one cyl it had remains of a mouse home. How the hell they squeaked past the open valve amazes me. Got to paint a rat fink on it somewhere,LOL.

27. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

:)Kind of had the same thing with my 48 Chevy 1 1/2 ton. The muffler survived, but the nest, mice and crap come sailing out what was left of the tailpipe. No pun intended, but it purred like a kitten after that.

28. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

Ha Ha!! banjeaux bob. That is kool. Like a early model "Soul" commercial.:D:D:D

29. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

These poor little fellers never made it to the headliner...

Attached Files:

30. Had this happen on a "garage find" '59 Ford Fairlane I once had. Finally got the Y block running and dog food pieces started shooting out the exhaust! Mice had quite the stockpile of it in there.