Register now to get rid of these ads!

Has anyone shot candy flake over HOK Chrome Effects?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Caballo, Jan 2, 2012.

1. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Silver is the base color of choice for shooting candy over and since seeing Dean Arnold's Thunderflite '61 T-bird, I wonder how that would go as a base for a candy metalflake paint job.

Attached Files:

2. sik_kreations

sik_kreations

U would have to clear it and then San and apply candy, wouldn't flake it, it will kill the effect.

3. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If that is the case then it would be best to just leave it chrome like the roof of a 58 Eldorado.

Attached Files:

4. swissmike

swissmike

I think the Eldo roofs were brushed stainless, not chrome. I recommend practicing on a DeLaurean first ;-)

5. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Candy flake might be a bit much and overpower the base effect. I know that Also does offer a kit to tint the chrome effect any color you like. I'm not a painter, just going by what I've read before.

Attached Files:

6. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't plan on making a stainless roof for my '58 Biscayne, merely thinking about having a reasonable facsimile perhaps. Still working on the "Mr. Fusion" propulsion system...