Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sad Gary,scrap yard pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ROADSTER1927, Dec 2, 2011.

1. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

the 80 series emblem does show that it is a big block, however it also shows it is a 66, so it was probably a tall deck 366, 65 80 series was the last year for the "W" 409.....

2. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

Man, what did I do with that address to the scrap yard??? Hell, now I am stuck with this truck. OH WELL :D

3. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Ok we parted out the truck today,It had a 366 engine so we did not save it. As you can see we saved alot of the special stuff and the cab and front end. Happy boy now!:) Gary

4. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

00ps pics are not working

5. that should read: our legislators dont give a shit about saving old junk cars and have NO intrest in seeing them restored and are extremly happy when they get thrown in the crushers because it keeps the enviro freaks off thier ass and makes all thier liberal big dollar friends happy and gets them re-elected

6. lump

lump

Yeah, that too, I agree.

7. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Still trying for pics,mostly not working. Have a great day Gary Finaly got some to work!:eek:

Attached Files:

8. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

So are they just making you pay the difference between what it weighed when it left, and what it weighs when you bring it back? That would be sweet if thats how they worked it for you.

9. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

[Oh,yeah, 40 & 61 Fords you've got to pound some sense into your B-I-L or get him a box of adult diapers before he really has an accident in his trousers.:D[/QUOTE]

The problem is, my father in law has the same mentality. He owned a body shop for years, that his father started back in the mid 50's. The attic of the shop had lots of vintage stuff in it. There was a rack with BRAND NEW Late 50's-early 60's vintage windshields. There was a 59-61 GM hardtop windshield, and several 60-64 ford hardtop windshields among others in the mix. I had inquired SEVERAL times about what he was going to do with them. I even offered to clean them up and take them to a swap meet and sell them for him. I stopped in at the shop one day, and he had cleaned out the attic, including all the windshields, and dumped them all into one of my brother in laws scrap trailers!!
    Thankfully, he had scrapped all the 50's-60's cars that were in the field next to the shop, and most of the clean and NOS 50's-60's sheet metal that was in the attic about a year or 2 BEFORE My wife and I began dating 20 years ago! I've seen pictures of some of the cars that were in the field, and it was a shame what got scrapped, but at least I didn't have to see it happen!
    I have tried to thickin my skin with these guys, and just toss a few of the "well, you would have made X amout more if you had pulled these parts off before scrapping it" at them once in a while. Problem is, when they finally do call, it WON'T be when it's something that actually has value, and I'll be the one that looks like the idiot!!

10. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

40 & 61 Fords I feel for you with the in-laws crap. Mine are old German farmers who just can't fathom why anyone wants to drive an old vehicle. They consider my stuff "junk", I've heard their comments about my trucks from quite a few different people. They aren't rusty pieces sitting outside, they're painted and are driven. We live on the farm but they don't but still come up to do their farm chores. Many times when they move stuff in the shed they'll pile crap in the box of my truck like it's a storage unit. The other day they used the back bumper of my panel truck to tie rope onto to hold up a piece of farm implement. They'll also toss something useful into the trash or on the junk pile out back but before they do they'll smash it with the front end loader so no one else can scavenge it and use it. But on the other hand, they've bought used pieces of equipment at auctions 10-20 years ago and decide to sell it and want what they paid for it after 10-20 years of hard use. They'll whine because they got 10% less than what they paid for it.

11. von zipper

von zipper

That's a damm shame!

12. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

Great Save! Persistence pays off!

13. I have an old drag racer buddy who was a state legislator until term limits got him. He told me once that in our entire state legislature, there was only one other guy who knew anything at all about hot rods, racing, street rods or any collector type stuff. He had tried to get a law through making it easier to get titles on old junk. Got no support---apparently the other legislators were just fine with the state getting sued in court every day by folks wanting to title old cars. At the time going to court and suing the state was the only way to get it done. Fortunately, it has now finally changed here for us. Want to really see your tax dollars at work?----attend a committe hearing when your state legislature is in session. I have been and even testified a few times over salvage vehicles issues in our state. How some of these morons even found their way to the capitol is beyond me, let alone get elected to a high position. Most care only about lining their own pockets and the pockets of their supporters and getting re-elected. Took a day away from my business along with over 100 other people to try and help our state forge a workable salvage title law. Sat and watched a committe of which half looked like they were asleep, several didnt give a shit, and the head guy had a hard on for car dealers. Finally after about 3 hours of testimony, the committe chair ( who could have passed for Col Sanders twin brother ) jumps up and says "Look, we have to get a bill out of here because it is time to go to dinner". I am sitting there thinking I have taken off a day of work and all this fat bastard is worried about is missing his lunch. What a joke.

14. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

I made an offer of $1000.00 for the truck and the yard did not get a better offer in the month they had it so they said come and get it. So I got all the parts I wanted and now need to return a very heavy non driving vehicle. Thats the bottom line. Gary

15. Well, good on you, Gary!!!

I'm glad that you were able to make it happen!!!

16. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

pumpkinjunctionflash what you wrote is good for an entirely new post. Don't get me going on government leaders, not only state level but the small village leaders aren't any better, maybe even worse. A bunch of little know nothing dictators.

Just don't get me started.......

17. 1939Dodge

1939Dodge

Seeing all of the good old parts go to scrap is very sad. And I am glad there are people who actively try to save stuff. The other side of it sucks as well, I have a front and rear axle out of my 1939 Dodge 1.5 ton truck, both were perfect, no rust at all they were protected by grease. I decided to not use them on the truck I am building but when the truck was sandblasted they removed the oil. So for the last year or two I have been trying to sell these parts, they are starting to get surface rust and I am almost at the point of just taking them in for scrap because I can not find anyone who wants them. I am very frustrated to even think that these very useable parts are junk these days, and it hurts every time I see the rust increasing on the rear axle. I know there has to be someone who wants them but I have posted in CL on forums for my truck and nothing but a few people saying they were going to buy them when... and never came through. Sorry for complaining but I am in your boat I do not want to scrap anything that is old, nice and useable. I am in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Oregon</st1:place></st1:State> if anyone here can use them PM me. I really need the space.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    I have to assume the rest of the stuff taken to the scrap is the same deal, or at least I hope they tried to sell it first.<o:p></o:p>

18. lukey

lukey

There is a local scrapyard here that for $500 he allows us to take a car home and strip it, as long as we bring it back within a month. We have a mutual agreement and the first time we dont return a car (as long as half the frame and whatever body part has the VIN) we no longer will be allowed to take it home. Our last score was a 61 tbird. Always show respect and dont screw people, and alot of people will help you out.

-LUKEY-

powrshftr likes this.
  19. So true! I have a friend that is very into 62-4 Impala SS cars. Drove a '58 in college that had the factory-installed air suspension.

Told the story of how when HE was young, they marveled at the foolishness of the old-timers that told of dragging Model Ts out onto a frozen lake and waiting for the spring thaw to dispose of them. Said a few years after he graduated college, he was driving down the street and came across his old '58 being cut up with a torch in a driveway. Said he sat there and watched until it was in a bunch of pieces, then drove off.

Also told a story of how in '70, he was at a Chevrolet dealership shopping for a new company car, when he saw an honest-to-God '65 ImpalaSS 409 car on the back row of the used car lot. Salesman told him they couldn't GIVE the thing away....would make him a sweet deal on it. He passed...recently married, young kids, money's tight, blah blah blah.

Funny how time changes things....hell, I myself parted a few that people'd kill for today..including a '70 SS454 Chevelle LS5/M22 car.

20. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

And the drive"shaft"

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

21. boltonvillefire

boltonvillefire

This was are old trust 2366 she was on the department untill 2011. The reason this truck was taken off the departpent was due to a grant that are department recieved we were not allowed to sell the truck we old could scrape it. It was a sad thing in my eyes.

22. desotot

desotot

settle down guys, it'll be coming back as Bob Drake, and Dennis Carpenter goodies,,,I hope.