Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Garage Kustoms Magazine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ether, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Has anyone recieved theirs or any update when we should expect them? I paid like 3 1/2 months ago and nothing yet......willing to wait if its good. Anyone?

2. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

i havent either. Kinda pissed off. 1 shot said he was throwing in the second issue. Im thinking it not gonna come.

3. 42hotrod

42hotrod
    from S.E. Idaho

I posted in the other thread too, I was going to order the mag but I haven't seen it posted anywhere that even a single person has recieved their copy??

4. Looks like another example of someone who got in over their head and didn't really know what it takes to get this kind of thing off the ground. He said a couple of weeks in August.

I would never pre order anything on the promise that it is going to get made because that usually means they are using your money to fund the start up and if they come up short, and they always seem to, they have already spent you money and usually compromised their trust worthyness due to delays so they have no means of attracting any other investments to get the project back on track.

I hope I am wrong but he hasn't been on the HAMB for almost a month which is not a good sign.

5. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

That pretty much sums it up right there.

6. 42hotrod

42hotrod
    from S.E. Idaho

Probably right. Good thing I looked around a bit before paypaling my cash....LOL

7. Got this reply early this morning via email. Hope all goes well.

Subject: Re: mag update?
    Date: 12/25/11 12:17:37 AM

Every issue remaining is going out next week! The printer finally got off his a$$ and we're rolling!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

8. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Yea, right...how many times have I heard that line from Zach!!

I hope my gut is wrong...but...

9. He was on here at 1:40 am.But no comment on our concerns.

10. I have no faith in people that blame others on screw-ups .... in this case the "lame-ass printer"... but something may be going on perfectly understandable.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  11. Wow,he was on here yesterday afternoon and still no comment!

12. Xdrag48

Xdrag48

I purchased two in sept.Sent a email asking the status on dec 3rd, no reply as of yet.I can wait longer i know starting something like this can take time.Printers/Book binders,everyone has a time frame and one gets off they are all off.
    I can get into what he is trying to do,and I think it will be worth it in the long run.

Steve

13. He was on here again at 2:04 am.Still no comment.

14. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I got a PM from Zach when I was on FB last night. Said he just got 100 copies from the printer and they will go out Tuesday.

We'll see what his word is worth once again...I know I'm sure as hell not holding my breath!!

15. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

These people that do the mag's should do there homework, have some or advertisers comitted and paid in full for capital to print before taking peoples money then making the customer wait for something that has been paid in full, longer than their word states.
    Bad business to piss people off even before you have any issues out...Good Luck.
    I know whats coming next blahh blahh money this money that, this printer screwed me, bullshit,if the printer is to blame that is the magazine owners problem not the customers...
    I also know starting a rag is very difficult and expensive, but think guys before venturing into a business...especially in this economy with advertisers closing down almost daily....
    Just my stupid .02 cents of shit i dont know about,LOL

16. p51mustang

p51mustang

sounds just like another garage magazine that I paid for a one year subscription and got one magazine

17. He should be saying something on here.

18. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

...kids!! :rolleyes:

19. super plus

super plus
    BANNED

I heard that JJ just received another award :):p:rolleyes:

20. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Yep, I got mine in the mail today....