Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone recognize this engine? Ford?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T-Faust, Dec 31, 2011.

1. XL-FE

XL-FE

OK. I see it now.

2. moefuzz

moefuzz

No, it's not a 350

3. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

The intake could be a pickup. I had a 75 F-250 with the Autolite spreadbore
    C8 heads are pretty much the same as the D0 heads but neither had hard seats IIRC.
    Not a bad engine choice but that one looks crusty as hell to me.

4. T-Faust

T-Faust

Well, not today, but I am going take another look at it. Figuring that it hasn't been swapped around, I'll just rely on the manifold number. That way, I don't even have to get dirty.

5. The exhaust manifolds look kind of intriguing... At first glance i thought they were headers, but that low headpipe flange might mean they're some kind of high-flow factory piece. Not real sure what most of them looked like on the pass. car engines. The big truck versions were much shorter.

6. T-Faust

T-Faust

I have been looking at pictures on eBay. The CJ manifolds have longer "down pipes", but they could be Police Interceptor. The PI is almost the same as the CJ, 4 bolt mains, etc. Big difference is in the heads, smaller exhaust ports.

7. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is there a four speed or an automatic transmission behind it? If a four speed then it's most definitely worth going back for. Who cares what the engine is, the four speed would likely be one of those bulletproof top loaders.

8. T-Faust

T-Faust

It is an auto, if it were a 4 speed, I would have grabbed it already. I am not a Ford guy, but with the big motor, I would guess it is a C6.

9. George

George

Would be a C-6.