Register now to get rid of these ads!

My best buy yet- 1934 Ford roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Dec 28, 2011.

1. LEMMING249

LEMMING249

I'll be over real soon(maybe today?) to see it. Looks good Chris! Cant wait to check it out in person.

2. F-head

F-head

too cool Chris,
    hope to see ya wednesday
    cheers,
    Bruce

3. Anytime Jerry, John and Tyler just left!

4. Gotcha. I know how that goes. :rolleyes:

5. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Nice score. Don't let a little rain keep you from driving it. The night I bought my '33 Roadster the rain was coming in the drivers side sideways, with the top up. Soaked one of those foul weather jackets all the way through. It was a ride I will never forget. As for the chrome dash, lose it! It might look cool but the first time you take the car out with the top down and the sun to your back you will need a welding hood to drive it because of the glare.

6. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Damn nice score. Congrats, Chris!

7. chris98006

chris98006
    from Seattle WA

Great find Chris! You wouldn't happen to be coming over this way soon? I need to get my A to Spokane for a heart transplant. Thoughts? Kudos again!

8. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Make sure you make it a point to buy a lottery ticket also,,,,,,,

9. I heard of an old clapped out Model A frame with a T body sitting on it that had a "new" flathead in it so I went and checked it out. An 80 year old man had the car, said he bought it in the late 60's. He had a 59AB built for it in the early 70's. I looked the engine over and it is indeed new along with adjustable lifters and a 3/4 cam (he could not remember the grind), Edmunds heads, a tri power and a rebuilt 39 trans. The guy selling it said he had S&S Engines here in Spokane built it in the early 70's...My Grandfather Roy worked there in that time period and did all the older engines, so my Dad said he's nearly certain my Grandpa built that engine!!!! I had to own it...so it is coming home and going in this 34 roadster :D The rest of the car is junk but has lots of neat parts...I'm gonna part it out.

10. kidzintha34fodor

kidzintha34fodor

Thats Cool Chris!! Now your roadster will have even more meaning to you!!!

11. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

I don't know you, Chris. But I would like to shake your hand so some of that "Old Ford luck" might rub off on me. You are blessed with all the things that really matter in this life.

Looks like a bigger garage is in order next! Congrat's.

12. Yeah and my grandpa is still around so im gonna have him come over, maybe he'll remember the heads or something!

This car has a 40ish rear end with a shortened driveline/torque tube if you need one!

13. MrModelT

MrModelT

Good god Chris, you really do have the "luck of the Irish" when it come to finding super rare cars and good stuff like this. That is a really slick little roadster you scored for yourself ..

...I wish I had a car as cool as yours...:D lol!

14. BenDaPirate

BenDaPirate

Wow. Awesome score!! Even cooler now with the history you get to add to it!!

15. You do, one of the most BITCHIN Model T's ever! I wanna see it at the flathead run next year!!!

16. couverkid

couverkid

That's great Chris. Love it when things fall together.

17. I love how you get some of the coolest old Fords, and enjoyed the first post on how you got it. Cant wait to see it when you get it done. Awesome stuff.

18. MrModelT

MrModelT

If you insist :rolleyes: ...lol!

..Just giving you a little crap, I'm entitled to you know ;)

It will be for sure this year...already have it on the calender. Looked like it was a HELL of allot of fun and there were several other T's. This year it will be fresh back from Bonneville with a whole chassis and drivetrain...so I'll be interested to see how it will do on the run.

You been watching the Re-build updates on my thread?

19. Nice score, finding that engine seems like it "was meant to be". Have fun.

20. Wow, this story just went up a considerable notch with that engine find !!!
    Congrats man

21. Chris this story just keeps getting better and better every time I read it, congrats again. It is so awesome that all of the pieces are falling together so well. I think we all need to talk to Ryan and have him do the 2013 Calendar with all of the cool stuff that you have found since you have been on the HAMB. ;)

22. WEBSTER

WEBSTER
    Member Emeritus
    from Tacoma, Wa

Wow, my friend, you never cease to amaze with your wheeling and dealing. Super score on one of Henry's finest!!!!!! Your friend, Terry

23. Makin progress... or going backwards?????

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  24. michiganguy

michiganguy
    from west coast

Super car...hope its not too rude to ask what the price was?

25. How about this...it was not cheap, but I felt it was a good buy

26. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Definitely coming along great. I didn't see the date set for the wedding.. When will that be? I have no idea if you've got the better part of this year to build your roadster or if it's a couple weeks.

The engine score is a great story too. After knowing this is going to be the wedding car it was no question that this one is definitely going to be a keeper. But the engine story is just more reason to be sure that it's going to stay under your care for good.

iPhone - TJJ app

27. I got time, wedding is sept 8th.

Don't worry this one ain't goin anywhere. A 34 roadster is my favorite car, and the only reason I sold the last one was to get this one.

28. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'm really excited to see where it all goes from here. I need someone to head up there and take some video of the build ;)

Go man go!!!!

Once I get the perch bolt and saddle to my house I'll be able to make mine a roller. How exciting!

29. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

any progress is good. it's all stuff that needs to get done...