Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's going to Bowling Green next weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by recycler, Jun 11, 2005.

1. recycler

recycler

Next weekend is the national hot rod reunion at Bowling Green Kentucky. Who is going from the HAMB? I'll be there with Al Schramm's top fuel car. Stop by the pits and introduce yourself. I'll be the guy laying under the engine dropping the oil pan etc. Brad

2. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Brad! I'm looking forward to meeting you.Can we sniff NITRO fumes??:D Sparky

3. recycler

recycler

Hell yes you can sniff nitro fumes! Why else would I work my ass off all weekend for no pay. Its all about the nitro for me. Brad

4. I'm hooking up with Paul Hutchens (Photos by Hutch). Staying at the Days Inn. Anyone else staying there??

5. Dirty2

Dirty2

Me and my daughter will be leaving as soon as I can shut the shop down thursday !!! And we dont have a room !!!

6. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

I'll be staying at the Days inn also. I may have an extra pass,if my son can't get off work. My wife may go,she hasn't "decided' yet :confused: sparky

7. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Does anyone know what they will let you race, can anyone race or is it a invite only? Never been to this one and hear it is killer.....Was thinking about going..........Littleman

8. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

If your car is NHRA legal,and passes tech,you can race. HRR may have a year cutoff.(pre '75??) Check with www.nhra.com. Sparky

9. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

Pre-'73 for stock bodied cars. $75 entry fee. cars must pass tech.

10. ratster

ratster

What if you don't race? How much then?

11. Sport N Woode

Sport N Woode
    from Middle TN

The primered MOFO will be there......takin' pictures and all. Hope to see a whole gaggle of HAMBers this year!:D

......is it a gaggle...or a flock.....maybe a bunch...:rolleyes:

12. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

I think it will be 20$ at the gate for each day. I'm sure someone will have an extra pass,Friday night. Rich.:D Sparky

13. recycler

recycler

Glad to see there will be a bunch of hambers there. I hope to put some faces with names. I'm not sure where we are staying. The car owner takes care of that stuff but I'll ask him. Brad

14. recycler

recycler

We are staying at the Microtel Fri-Sunday. We still have to find a room for Thursday nite. Brad

15. bigron

bigron

dam i want to go. can't make it this year oh well. had a blast last year.

16. didgeytrucker

didgeytrucker

I was at the first one. Missed the second. I'll be there this year with 66KIXX, my '66 F-100 and my '69 Schwinn Sting-Ray. Feel free to sit on the tailgate if you need to. I live an hour away and will be driving in every day.

Tracy

17. Kustm52

Kustm52

I'm going to try to make it for the HAMB meet friday and part of Saturday...if anyone has preregistered and can't make it let me know..I'll buy your entry...I'll be damned if I'm paying $75 just to park inside for a day!

Brian

18. hollywud

hollywud

I am Praying that the NEW wheels Get here By wed. so i have a Few days to get things worked out and get the car there Sat. morning.

But YES ....i WILL be there with or without the car.Hopefully with...Keep your Finners Crossed!:D :cool:

19. Yup. See ya there.

20. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

It looks good for me again.. I just finished fixing my car (again) I found the mangled pieces in my driveway,straightened them,put the trans. back together, and JB welded the hole in the case. come hell or high water I WILL be there... p.s. I'll be the guy reeking of tranny fluid:D Sparkles

21. My son (aka Von Dust) and I are going. He'll have his brushes with him if anyone is interested. When is the HAMB meet and greet?

22. kentucky

kentucky

I can't get off work Friday, so I'll probably leave Sat. morning when I get off at 8:00 and hopefully get there around noon. I'll go home Saturday night and sleep all day Sunday:rolleyes: Look forward to meeting some HAMB'ers.

23. I'll be there, riding shotgun with a HAMB celebrity. :D

24. recycler

recycler

Yes, when and where is the hamb meet? Brad

25. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

The Hamber meet and greet(tm) will be at the old Kroger store site,on Scottboro rd. Friday nite at 8ish.:D Look for the Hamber sign. Sparky

26. recycler

recycler

Thanks Sparky. I'll try to be there but most likely we'll still be working on the car. That's how it usually goes anyway. Brad

27. I cant wait to see everyone there. my wife has to work. but I will be coming down late thursday night and living it up in the campgrounds. i will be in the coupe with my bike. my friend Andy will be in his hemi a-roadster. this is the roadsters first long trip. keep your fingers crossed.

28. Kustm52

Kustm52

Anybody got a spare room for Friday night? They are harder to find than tread on HRLC's tires after a burnout in Joplin.....

Brian

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

It's right next door to the Wendys too, which is real easy to spot.

Lets also have a couple inside the park during the day like last year. How does both Friday and Saturday at noonish sound? Under the trees at the back of the park along the river. This is the area where alot of HAMB folks parked last year and we're hoping to get the same spots again this year.

Also, some HAMB folks went go-carting on Saturday nite last year. I missed it cuz I got stuck in traffic after the cracklefest. How does that sound for a meet and greet on Saturday nite?? Lets say 9pm at the go-cart tracks which are located on the sidestreet between the Harley dealership and the Denny's, right at I-65 (the east side of the freeway)

30. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

I like the go kart idea!! let's do it:D Sparkxxx