Register now to get rid of these ads!

A100 Dodge Truck Wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olz442, Jan 1, 2012.

1. olz442

olz442
    from Georgia

I just bought a 1964 Dodge A100 truck after searching for 2 years for a decent one. I was wondering what the best size wheel was for the truck. It has some old turbine or finned wheels and they have to go. I am thinking of running Torq Thrust or Cragar SS wheels. I would appreciate ANY advice you might have. Thanks

2. Can't go wrong with TT's,,,,,IMO

3. Ruiner

Ruiner

Isn't an A100 a van? I think you meant D100...check out the Sweptline forum at www.sweptline.org/forum and search around on there, plenty of different build styles to look through on there...there's alsoa couple D100/Sweptline threads here with pictures...congrats on the purchase...

4. No...he means A100, like the Little Red Wagon.
    Now, tell me my Econoline pickup must be an F100.:rolleyes:
    Besides, he said A100 truck, and I'm pretty sure a van is considered a truck.

Happy New Year!

Olz442, you got any pics of your truck?
    Where in GA are you?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012

5. Wags66

Wags66
    from Montana

If your A100 is original, it will have a small 5 on 4 bolt circle, like the early A body cars. This may limit your wheel choices, as not all manufacturers make wheels with this pattern.

6. Ruiner

Ruiner

I forgot all about the A100 pickups...possibly because they're so ugly :p...I wouldn't turn one down for the right price, though ;)...

7. RodStRace

RodStRace

Wags66, all A-100s are 5 x 4.5.
    olz442, I answered your question over on vintage-vans.

8. olz442

olz442
    from Georgia

Yes it is an A100 Truck. 3 window cab like the Little Red Wagon. I have 2 of the 5 window Econoline trucks. One is a rust bucket the other will make a nice truck some day. I live north of Atlanta about 30 miles in Acworth. Thanks

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  9. Vangasm

Vangasm

I have a set of 17 inch mustang wheels on my A100 van, they fit good just had to put in longer rear wheel studs because the wheel rubbed the leaf springs so I had to use a spacer. Worked out fine they have been on the van for a year and I drive the hell out of it. I would be interested in the turbine wheels you can send me a private message if you are interested in selling them

Attached Files:

10. Gremlin

Gremlin

I'll go most probably with Chrysler 15X7 cop wheels with mine.
    Actually, TT's or Cragars SS' are my other choices.

I moved the rear axle on the top of the leafs to get it down, and now I have figure out how to get the front down. Any ideas?

At the picture it has 14'' front and you see how damn high it is.

Attached Files:

11. I run with these stock 15" on the back and some 14" ralleys on the front so it makes it easier for my short wife to get in and out.

Attached Files:

12. olz442

olz442
    from Georgia

Use drop spindles if they are available

13. Gremlin

Gremlin

That's what i've been wondering. However, i haven't seen any for sale.
    I do have a really good machinist friend back home, so if i don't find any for sale, next time i go home i'll take the originals to him so he can make a pair.

Sorry bout hijacking the thread. ;)

14. edweird

edweird

olz442. i know where a set is for sale.

15. put the axle on top of the springs....instead of below it....???

16. I don't know a single thing about the A100 vans.....but a cheap option for the D100 trucks is to use a W100 4x4 spring pack, it is a flatter spring then the 2 wheel drive version and good for a couple inches of drop.

Now, like I said, I know nothing about the vans and if they share any suspention pieces with the pickups, but it may be an option.

Also, check out Sweptline.com (and .org to) Chris Wicksted knows a lot about there old A and D series rigs and i believe he had part of his site set up with a lot of good A100 info.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One of my buds had one of those things for a long time and even traded it off an got it back at least once before trading it off again.

With that piece of history told I'd have to say you can't go wrong with five spokes on that little truck be they Crager S/S or Torque thrusts. I'd favor the torque thrusts myself as they never make a car or truck look like you settled for the "cheap" wheels no matter what the car or truck is.

18. This is what I want mine to look like. It was originally these colors and I love these wheels on it.

Attached Files:

19. olz442

olz442
    from Georgia

That looks like what I am wanting. What size tire/wheel combo are you using? Thanks

20. Window Licker

Window Licker

Sorry to Hi-jack also, but im looking for an original 15x5 steel wheel. if anyone has one they would sell or knows where i can get one id greatly appreciate it.