Register now to get rid of these ads!

Curious Model A? box...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Alienbaby17, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

I bought an old utility trailer today that someone had long ago made from what the seller had been told was a Model A Ford. My plan is to use the box for my Model A project and then make some kind of new base to use on the trailer. I'm not sure if it is a Model A or Model T box. It measures approximately 43" across and 57" in length. I thought that on the Model T box the front stake pockets were set back about a foot. These are back about 7".

The other weird thing is that there is a strange thing on the front panel. It's hard to describe so I've included pictures. It looks like it could be original but I have never seen anything like this before and can't imagine what it was used for.

Any input on positively id'ing the box or ideas about the weird thing on the front?

Thanks, Jay

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Carter

Carter

Looks like Model T with wrong fenders.

3. Johnny Speedster

Johnny Speedster
    from Atlanta

26-27 Model T box. The strange part on the front is access to the model t battery

4. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

Thanks, guys- just what I needed to know!