Register now to get rid of these ads!

E&J (Edmunds and Jones), what happened to them?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldskoolflyer13, Dec 31, 2011.

1. oldskoolflyer13

oldskoolflyer13

What ever happened to the E&J company? Do the still exist (inactively)? Any history on them as far as when they went out of business? Who still owns (or bought) the company and maybe designs and tooling?......the question has been floating in my mind after trying to find the patent info on the type 20 headlights....figured I would ask on here....

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  2. They have been out of buisness for years. The old building is here in Detroit.

3. oldskoolflyer13

oldskoolflyer13

Were they bought out by anyone?

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I thought that someone bought the rights to the name and were doing a reproduction of the Type 20's.. I believe there is a thread here on the HAMB about it.

Frank

5. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

Someone within the past 10 years bought the name and the tooling. He made exact repops with with the same brass triangle badges and brass circle retainer plates on the back...they were beautiful. Unfortunately, he went out of business. I believe he was on the HAMB at some point.

CraftyB..from the link above..makes a pretty close copy. His stuff is super nice.

You can also find shitty ones on ebay, casted in Mexico..that are just the shells.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stogy likes this.