Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zilrodder

Zilrodder

1944. Messershmidt 109. One of the most effective war bird on its time.
    [​IMG]

2. twin6

twin6
    from Vermont

I say she's making meatballs: parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, bread crumbs, oregano... Now I'm getting hungry. Thanks Mark for this and ALL the great posts. Happy new year.

3. Zilrodder

Zilrodder

4. chryco

chryco
    from Winnipeg

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Bump? BUMP? If there ever was thread that didn't need a bump, it's this one. Fuck, does this count as a bump? Sorry, Gary

6. Back in the day when people dressed to do anything, no one went to the corner grocery in thier PJs either.:p

7. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

[​IMG]

A moody shot on the set of "The Misfits," as captured by Inge Morath and thanks to FanPop. I find it a touch ironic -- or, maybe, just fittingly coincidental -- that Marilyn's first and last big hits were both directed by John Huston. "The Asphalt Jungle" (1950) and "The Misfits" (wrapped 1960) form rather neat bookends for her decade of film super-stardom, IMO. But, for all of the success, I believe that there was deep hurt, or a bruised psyche, maybe a fragile self-image that no worldly thing could assuage, no other person could reach. When you peel away the layers of myth, you'll still find a human being inside every cultural icon.

8. Dave Downs

Dave Downs
    from S.E. Penna

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  9. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

I think it's real. There are people in the cars and no models were ever made of some of the cars. There was a drive in near Milwaukee that had a paved lot...long gone now. Also, you can see a telephone pole in the back ground upper right side of photo.

10. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

I guess they weren't too concerned about her not being born in the US in 1943.

11. twin6

twin6
    from Vermont

Ole, do you know any more about this one? Packard twin six, looks like 1st series, 7 passenger. Fewer than 20 remain and it would be great to know which one of the survivors this is. Any idea when or where this was taken, or whose it was back then? Thanks for great pix.

12. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

Cars are based on GAZ design, a clone of Ford which is why the fenders are familiar to us. Finland held a unique position in WWII. Although loosely allied with Nazi Germany against the Soviets, the Finns also fought against Nazi Germany in an effort to protect their Nickel mines. USSR demanded and got reparations from Finland ceding the Karelian district to the USSR. Finland"s position in the war was unique, The only way they saw to protect their country against invasion was to have this alliance with Germany. Their was to be some help from the Allies but Sweden would not allow transit of the French and British help. Probably a good thing since this might have brought the battles into Finland more seriously.

13. LOL...you might not be up on your thread history...we haven't had a ChryCo bump in quite a while! It's more of a source of amusement than anything else.

14. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

The blower belt is not on the pulleys ? a slow run. Reminds me of when a frend let his girfriend run his fed, shut off the fuel just be for the launch, still a thrill for her.

15. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

16. empire

empire

Yes, that was back before strip searches and cavity checks..

Feel sorry for the kids tho.

17. Mart

Mart

I think the belt is in place, the thing you can see is a shield.

Mart.

18. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

They were all full ! This was the real reason for "maintenance free"sealed side terminal batteries they were developed to work in this shipping style.Oil fillers moved to the rear or mid point of the cam cover where they would be above the oil level when standing on it's nose. Not only vegas were shipped this way other GM marquis were as well GM just used the "Exciting new Vegas "for the publicity shots for the new shipping style,Oh and our "Vega" steering boxes were used in more makes and models than the Chevy Vega

19. Dave Downs

Dave Downs
    from S.E. Penna

The blower belt is on - look to the inside of the idler pulley, and no, the young lady did not drive it.

Sadly, the owner/driver is no longer with us - the young (no longer) lady is.

20. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

21. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

My bad up to 200% and it shows it,

22. swi66

swi66

23. swi66

swi66

24. Wow, isn't that Denise Diplock at 15?
    I think she went to Norwalk High, class of 72.

25. Zilrodder

Zilrodder

26. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

27. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

I thought he was talking about the tractor :D

28. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED