Register now to get rid of these ads!

Saved From The Crusher!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rocket8, May 17, 2008.

1. Okay so the taillights look sick as fuck. Also any more info on the Greek Mystique? I have never heard of it before (Probably because I'm a stupid fucking Moose). Who owns it?

Also better start a thread soon for my six-fo:cool:

2. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

i donno if you ever met nick while you were here dude, but hes one of my best friends, hes in the club as well. its a 56 chrysler hes been doing for a very long time, but phil and i did the finishing bodywork and got it in primer, we're just waiting for him to get the dough so he can buy us paint and i can go to town! and the six-fo thread for the freakazoid from the ford galaxie will be comming (p.s. i got engaged to cristina lastnight :p)

3. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

the interior is a big head scratcher still. i cant decide if i want to go a more show car route with a custom waterfall type console/dash and just cover everything in material, or go with a more subtle type interior like reworking the dash i have a little bit and give it a nice paint job with a padded top etc. but it will have door panels and headliner of course. the car is going to be a brandywine fade into a golder root beer like the sprayouts i did in the pics above, so i dont know what color i want to do and i dont know if i want to do tuck n roll. i know i dont want to do white becuase i'll regret it....but we'll see...

what do you guys think interior wise?

4. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

ah, 3 day weekend....here i come. lots of progress pics to come in the next few days!

5. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

6. banzaitoyota

banzaitoyota

looking forward to the next update

7. afaulk

afaulk

Another good thing nobody mentioned -- by saving this car from the scrap man, you've kept about 6 Hyundais and 4 Kias off American highways, as well as lots of chinese tools from being imported! Good on you.

8. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

thanks tj! yea man, there were days in the beginning i would think "what the fuck am i thinking!?" but now, its nice to be able to look at where i started and see how far its come along! matt will be sick when i finish it:p hahaha

9. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

Sir! You are a hero and doing a great service by saving that beauty! Best of luck to ya!

10. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

I love this car.

11. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

Wow! Just found this thread. Great Save! I Love the rake of the roof and the tail light treatment is awesome. Keep it going!

12. very cool save and way cool car yeah i just found this thread that was started in 2008

13. Saxxon

Saxxon

You get one big "attaboy"

14. 00 MACK

00 MACK

15. Cruiser

Cruiser

Sure glad you made the save and have the talent to finish it into a cool custom cruiser. :D

CRUISER :cool:

16. Wow! A cool 56 Olds with a radical chop! nice score!

17. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Nice, yeah we'll be at the Autorama. Can't wait to see what you guys been working on.

Satan's Chauffeurs

18. burnout2614

burnout2614

Freakin Sweet!!! peace

19. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

That is what you call a down write dirty wroten hoot.

20. AeroMonte

AeroMonte

I like the Buick with Packard tail light idea. It flows better with the other custom work already done. That thing is freakin awesome.

21. Mr.Bomba

Mr.Bomba

Great save!! cars looking good really dig the tailight treatment too!

22. smittythejunkman

smittythejunkman

I want to speak in defense of the crusher
    We run car crushers and balers in kansas and nebraska we smash thousands of cars a year we work for outher junkyards, auto shreaders and have our own yards where we buy scrap daily then process and ship it.
    Myself my partners and employees are all car nuts we refuse to crush cool old cars and we scrounge parts off the ones that are too far gone to save every day.
    on nearly every job we haul cars home or line up the good ones for the owner to sell or save.
    It it's not uncommon for us to tell a customer "Hell no we wont crush that"
    The price of steel now is so high many old cars are going to get crushed. its going to happen no matter what because money is makes the world go round.
    But just remember the scrapper isnt the killer of vintage cars we are the guys that save more of them than anyone else and your pride and joy of an old car sitting in your garage right now
    more than likley only exists today because sometime somewhere a junkman said "SAVE THAT ONE"

23. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

your a hero smittythejunkman heres a coffee cup toast to all the good guys in the yards who save vintage tin , salude , and keep on saving the good stuff for future rodders

24. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

well folks, im just too tired to post anything right now, but oh boy are you all in for a treat! happy new year btw!

25. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

^^^^Do tell. I am close.

26. don't leave us hangin' too long....

27. 54EARL

54EARL
    from Idaho
    1. A-D Truckers

Ahh Man, I guess I'll wait

28. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

[​IMG]

making the bottom pieces, getting a fit for the cap...i love me some metalwork
    [​IMG]

but alas, its one of the warmest januarys i can remeber in CA, and this is what i spend the weekend doing...
    [​IMG]

29. That is a seriously bloody good looking bit of rear end treatment on that car, mate. Really nice work!

30. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

It's been said a million times, but what kind of dick bag would scrap a good project like that?! Also, keep up the good work, it's coming out awesome.