Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chrestian Willhans Rod & Custom Colouring Book

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rikster, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Retrorod

Retrorod

I just recieved the two copies I ordered........as advertised, VERY nicely done, some real classic stuff!! My Grandchildren are busy with them now. I might have to order more just to keep "uncolored".

Good job "cecce"......thank you!!

2. Cecce,
    Thanks Chrestian for putting it out there.
    This is an Idea I've had in mind since I was in High School. I even started on it. The drawings reflect the trends of the late 80's, early 90's and are far from refined. I decided to wait on it until I had further developed an individual style then I started working on the Simpsons and raising kids so the whole thing got put on hold. I plann to post some samples on the Friday art show but am fearful of the shame. (That and fear that some may think I still draw this way.)
    Your book may just be the motivation I need to get 'er done. Hopefully your book will be a huge success and open some doors for the rest of us.
    Way to go!
    Mark (Jigger)

3. slow64

slow64
    from MB, Canada

These are beautiful. If they're anywhere near as good as they look he can't be making much money at that price!

4. cecce

cecce
    from Sweden

Hi Slow64!
    I get that alot. My girlfriend just told me I sell too cheap, again. I guess I draw better than I count… –That said, I have set the price so there will be a small profit for me and a retailer, but I'm not getting very much for the work I have put into it.

5. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

cecce,

I would love to get a couple of crates sent to the states to knock the price into a more attractive range. And I wish I could help - but I am not in any kind of position to sell a truckload of books....or a truckload of anything for that matter.

It's hard to get a guy to put down this much coin on something that should be given to a child - who will then ravage it.

I understand that these are probably for an older kid rather than a 4 year old. I mean - hell count me in, I'm 33 going on 3....

Anywho, I'm bumping this for ya. I will be ordering at least one....

6. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

over 3 years ago, this thread deserves an TTT as this album is awesome, i got one myself,
    perfect christmas present for your kids!, i bought one for my 3 year old son last year but think i need to buy more

perfect tattoo flash linedrawings also incase you wanna tattoo one of the cars in the album!

7. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

VERY cool Chrestian. very cool indeed. nice work.... i never saw this post till now.

8. koolkemp

koolkemp

Does anybody know if it can still be ordered?

9. Rikster

Rikster

I have not talked to Chrestian in a while... last time (april 2010) we emailed he was working on a second book.

Send him an email and ask if the first one is still available... or how the second one is doing.

Here is his email address [email protected]

10. cecce

cecce
    from Sweden

Hi all, and thanks for bringing this thread to life again! If all goes as planned I'll have something new to show you soon, in good time for the holidays. This time I'll use a U.S printer so that the new product will be available in the U.S without sky high postage and Swedish taxes. Watch this space and you'll be the first to know.

11. koolkemp

koolkemp

Cool I am looking forward to it!!:D:D

12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

A lot of guys are gonna be stealing thier kids glitter pens...:D

13. cecce

cecce
    from Sweden

Hi all!
    I promised to report back when I had something to show you.

This took longer than expected, doesen't it always do? –But my new colouringbook is finally back from the printers. This one contains a selection of John D'agostinos kustoms and is produced to a really high quality, AND it is available for purchase in the USA. I'll get back when Mr D'agostino have some retailers set up.

The old book was only made as a few "prototypes" to see if there was a market for it.
    –There wasn't, unfortunately, but that project put me in contact with Mr D'Agostino so it served a purpose anyway.
    I will now let the old book rest and concentrate on new projects. Full speed ahead, as always!

Attached Files:

14. cecce

cecce
    from Sweden

Update: The John D'Agostino Kustom Kar Koloringbook is available at Sacramento Vintage Ford and the Petersen Museum.

15. oldmankohout

oldmankohout

16. FASI

FASI

I received a copy of Chrestian Willhans 1st book and just ordered the second. He is a master at recreating the lines of these beautiful cars. Great job Chrestian. Keith

17. cecce

cecce
    from Sweden

Thank you for the kind words Keith!
    It means alot to me!
    And thanks for the link oldmankohout!

18. FASI

FASI

Ordered my copy Friday night from Sacramento Vintage Ford. $14,95 including PRIORITY MAIL. Book arrived today (Monday) and it is a "knockout". Great job Chrestian, and looking forward to more. Keith