Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration -----Last Friday Art Show of '11 12/30/11----

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jdustu, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Ken, great series of photos .....yes, me and my Vette. The girl is not my wife :)

Dan, super images as always....great work.

2. Clysdale

Clysdale
    from Vista, CA

Hey thanks guys...and thanks everyone for a great year of cars and art!!! Can't wait to see what springs up in 2012! Besides the end of the world...

3. Lockwasher

Lockwasher

Is it just me or does it seem like everyone saved all their best stuff until year's end? I'm digging all the cool, creative offerings - Happy New Year HAMBers!!

here's a couple of new pieces from the last show
    [​IMG]
    double axle Airstream Lunch box

[​IMG]
    motorcycle battery charger lamp

[​IMG]
    camp flashlight dog

4. Toyghoul

Toyghoul
    from SPOKANE

Happy New Year everyone!! New stuff from Ace and Kali and Me.

Attached Files:

5. boss245

boss245

Happy New year to all the HAMBers! I have drooled over this great show every Friday, thaks to all for puttin your stuff up!! You all make me work harder every Friday!!

The last from me for 2011

Detroit Smoker AA/FD

[​IMG]

6. aceuh

aceuh

Awesome show guys! It's been awhile since I've posted anything... Here's a couple point & shoot snaps for ya. Hope you guys like em.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. ncjamey

ncjamey

8. kenmo

kenmo

Dan Greenberg - gorgeous photo and photo art!!!

9. sambo

sambo

My dell is givin me hell but I've seen BO"S and Clydsdale's,both excellent,I'll flub it up and post; OT, Christmas gift for bro in law,also happens I'm doin Quarter panels (and painting) the real thing out in the garage.I've got more to post so don't tempt me....;)

Attached Files:

10. kenmo

kenmo

Damn cool!!!!:):):)

11. b-bop

b-bop

WOW!!!!...look forward to seeing you work every week. I don't think I could ever sit on these. I would just hang them up to admire every day!

12. pyrojoe667

pyrojoe667

It never ceases to amaze me that all this killer art can be seen so easily, and the inspiration I get from it all. Not enuff room to point out my faves, but you know who you are! Heres an updated oldie, I call it 151

Attached Files:

13. LiveWire64

LiveWire64

Great work everyone!

Myself and fellow striper 'matchstick' started this earlier in the year and I just finished it.

[​IMG]

14. 53Hattie

53Hattie

Way Sweeeet Stuff start to finish this week!! Gotta say the metal guys drilled it this round though [pun coincidental].

Lockwasher, Ingenious to say the least! Fun stuff! Especially the trailer!

NCJamey, Holy Crap Dude! Friggin' Righteous! ...you're not actually gonna let somebody SIT on that piece of art are you?!

15. This is my first art show contribution. I just got back to this piece after starting it 15 years ago! It's called
    "The Camper Special"

Attached Files:

16. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Lockwasher....I sure dig all the cool stuff you build. You have such killer vision of how to put odds n end and pieces and parts to make up really awesome sculptures.

17. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Had a amazing 2011 cant wait to take my photography to another level in 2012. Thanks to people like Norwell,Weesner,Tim Sutton, and all the other great artists on here for all the inspiration

[​IMG]

18. Great show so far..
    Bomonster...killer
    Todd Jones...always cool
    Toyghoul...your guys rock...love Ace and Kali
    Clysdale...seriously awesome as per usual
    Brown Dog...awesome!
    John/Not Stock...always amazing shots
    Norwell...dig it!
    Happy New Year everybody!

19. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

NotStockPhoto- John, what a beautiful piece of work! Damn proud seeing your work in all my fave mags! Hope to see you at Detroit Autorama, man! Happy New Year.

20. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

Great work guys. i love these posts. I have a quick question. I am really getting the bug to "Paint" lately. I am not really an artist but gave it a shot anyway. I painted a picture for my Wife for Christmas. It was a copy of a Weesner T shirt design.

The Question. Is that Legal??? I know that in my house it is not a big deal and I would never try to sell it or take any credit for it. I didnt trace it just looked at the picture and painted away????

I am mostly asking because A. I would like to show everyone so that I could have some constructive criticism but B. becasue Bomonster just had a bunch of his work ripped off. I dont want to have Weesner angry with me for painting his work. but I loved the piece and it inspired me to put brush on canvas.

Any thoughts?

21. vilanar

vilanar
    from Finland

Awesome , man you are good with that bead roller.

Ari

22. I'll Bet You Laminated Back Then:eek:

23. problemchild

problemchild
    from canada

I have done a few sculptures of other artist work I always ask permission to post ,and always give them credit via (blog,website and forums you post on) after all it is there idea and also has more people look at there works as well as your's.Great that you posted this it shows you have respect for the artist here. I would email him and ask.Dave hope this helps

24. sambo

sambo

I think(not very often) that weez gets inspired by some artists in his past,he probably wasnt always great,maybe he was,but that artist got inspired by someone else,but people do come down on you if your work even has a 'Weezish' background.Spoggie got a rash for that and he's a great artist with his own style.I have nothing but respect for these guys,and you might catch hell for it but I'd post it, your new to art,just tryin it out,if you want feedback that be a good way to do it!Maybe you should ask Weez, hes probably checkin the art show anyway.

25. mnagatani

mnagatani

First thing I want to say is thank you to all the artists that post up here. I get so inspired every week looking at the friday art show.

I Finally finished the painting of the 68 ford truck last week! It measures at 48x60 and done in acrylic. I've posted progress of this painting over the last year or so as Ive been working on it. Im glad to say this will be the last post for this work.

Thanks again to all the great artists.

Mike Nagatani

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. cecce

cecce
    from Sweden

Me and my brother usually make drawings for eachother for christmas (yes, we are older than 8 years), this year he got this photoshop-messaround of an old, rusty Stromberg.

Thank you all for all the inspiraton during 2011. I hope I will have more to post during 2012. Happy new year guys and gals!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  27. cecce

cecce
    from Sweden

Slamit. According to swedish law that might be copying, (without having seen the original and the copy), but it may as well be that you were "inspired" by Weezeners original. I'd ask him if he'd mind before posting. After all this is his job.

I did a T-shirt for the norwegian Chrysler Club a couple of years back. The swedish Chrysler Club liked it so much that they had their own made up and even if it was nothing like a copy it was clearly inspired of my work. Of course, me being a car nut I happened to come across it and they quite shamefully asked if I did mind what they had done.
    I was flattered.

28. Nice show guys! heres my 2 cents. a imac, a melted helmet, and a canvis peice i started on wed.
    Have a killer new year all!

Attached Files:

29. sambo

sambo

wow-beutiful!!!!!!!! I'm sure youll hear that alot:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.