Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Kiwi Hot Rodders And Their Garages

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Steve 38, Oct 7, 2011.

1. bardahl1

bardahl1

that last one isn't Stottles garage, its his living room!

2. Steve 38

Steve 38

Yep, you're right, although when I was there he wasn't living in his living room, he was downstairs at the rear of the building in his kitchen. I'd never been there before so maybe he'd moved out of his living room because of the earth quakes? Either way, its one of the most amazing houses I've ever seen!

3. bardahl1

bardahl1

Stottle sees no real reason to actually live in the living room.... its mostly for parties, bands, and such.

The Place is very neat, the kind of place only a hot rodder would build. And built like a brick shithouse... those were some serious quakes and the place is still standing and, from what he says, is solid.

Attached Files:

4. Steve 38

Steve 38

Yeah, very much a hot rodders house. I actually emailed him last night to find out who built it for him (still waiting to hear back). I'm wanting to do something similar for our next house, but I've not found any companies in NZ who build barns like that. The NZ ones are much more box-like, with much less character. His looks like many of those I've seen on the websites of US barn building companies. Real neat looking place.

5. Mark Fox

Mark Fox

Hi Steve. Went on this thread to have a look. Went on line and ordered the book.
    Can't wait for it to show up in the post. I'am only a new member here, but I think this sites going to cost me!!!
    Cheers
    Mark

6. No cost at all.
    Everything you spend (time & moneywise) is an investment ... lol

7. bardahl1

bardahl1

He dreamed it up himself. Its actually a concrete tilt up w structural steel on top. The wood is mostly decorative on the sides. That's why it's still standing strong after all of the shaking. I've never seen anything thats really close to it.

Craig spent much time in Trabuco Canyon Ca sourcing old barn wood and such....

8. Steve 38

Steve 38

Wow, thats interesting! He's done an incredible job with it.