Register now to get rid of these ads!

48 chev AD dash

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodchevy, Dec 29, 2011.

?

whats your opinion on mods

Poll closed Dec 30, 2011.
  1. like

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. dislike

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. would do differently

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. wouldnt do any mods

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. hotrodchevy

hotrodchevy

well christmas is over, finaly got some time to work on my AD project thought I"d share some pics of my dash idea.

Attached Files:

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I cut mine out and had tubing bent to make a new dash. It looks like hell right now so I won't post any photos but it's been copied several times since in the PNW. I've got a new trick up my sleeve this time around but right now I''m not willing to share.

I like the direction you are going with that. with a bit of work you should be able to make it look like it came with the truck.

3. whid

whid

glad its your ad dash and not mine.....sorry i aint liking it...but then again,you're the only one that has to like it.......whid

4. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

I like it, but as a pilot and ex-racer, I'm a gauge junkie. Forget the naysayers, they probably have some features they're proud of that you won't like. One of the reasons we love this hobby/pasttime/avocation/vocation is it gives us a chance to not only be different, but to create something we like (even if nobody else does). It looks like you know what you're doing, and as I'm sure you'll discover - opinions are like bellybuttons.....but I can't remember why.

dj

5. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

AD dashes are drab, so almost any change is an improvement.

6. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

props to propwash for being positive!too much negitivity round here as of late.

dash looks good,i like the hide away radio.i hate the look of new radios in old cars.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  7. melsfine39

melsfine39

Using this for my 48 GMC. Its from a 61 Rambler American,almost fits as is. Mel:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  8. hotrodchevy

hotrodchevy

i like it . much better than stock unbalanced geometric mix of circles and rectangles. to me it is a smoother look in keeping with the flowing curves of the body.

9. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

I like that you hid the stereo. We just did the same thing on our 48, and I agree that late model stereos with blue lights should be heard and not seen.

Im not sure that I would do the dash as you did, but I understand why you werent excited by the plain factory dash. I think that the better option is to fit one from a 50s car.

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  10. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

it is your truck who cares what others think--well you do 'cause you did a poll,sure bets the hell out of the one i saw awhile back,he did an S10 swap & molded the stock s10 dash into his 49 chevy,,
    i kinda like it-it's different!

11. add me to the positive side. when it's on the road almost anyone will appreciate the time you spent.

I had a customer bring a 54 GMC into the shop. I thought he had installed the coolest dash in a AD. asked him where he found it and he told me it was a one GMC only dash. six month later I owned a 54 GMC and a cool dash. with mirror image two piece instrument clusters with a factory tach.

12. belair

belair

The sides of the dash don't drop straight down, and the right side of the dash clashes (to my eye), with the left edge of the speaker grille (which should be chromed). Props for your work and the way you blended the new dash in, but something is just off to me.

13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Looks like a 51 ford dash a bit, I like where it's going.... Now that steering wheel... Haha ;)

14. I like the hidden radio.