Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Here - Old To Keystone & Petersen

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by GregRager, Dec 18, 2011.

1. GregRager

GregRager

Hi, all.
    Just found the site!!!
    I was reading some of the posts and I can't believe how many of the old names I recognize.
    Used to live in Johnstown, PA - now in Lakeland, FL.
    Still have the green '69 Plymouth GTX I made MANY a pass in at both Petersen and Keystone.
    Even tried the old P.I.D. one Sunday.
    I've lost contact with Ed & Isabel Matsko - known 'em for 100 years.
    Run into Steve Reasbek (sorry for the spelling Steve) pretty often when I make it home - REALLY interesting story about how WE met.
    Last year when I was up, decided to take a ride to Altoona/Duncansville and visit Forgy's Speed Shop and thank him after all these years for a favor he did for me in 1970 at Petersen - still as cantankerous as ever..
    I'll tell all another time.
    Also been wanting to get in touch with Walt Syler for many years, and didn't know how - hope he reads this.
    Saw the posts on Steel City Wedge - haven't seen anyone mention the Boro of Derry Police Car or the '68 Samson Buick yet.
    Forget the driver's name, but I remember one Sunday at Keystone running against a LEGAL Stock Eliminator white '62 Impala, 283 Powerglide.
    Only Powerglide I've ever heard shift twice.
    Wondering if anyone might have any old pics of my dark green '69 Plymouth GTX at either track - slicks were on red wheels?
    Before the GTX, I ran a silver '66 GTO lettered with "ME II" - hung out with Roger Kiser and his silver '66 Olds 4-4-2 lettered "DISTURBANCE".
    OK, that's enough - don't wanna wear out my welcome on my first visit.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  2. Just Gadget

Just Gadget

read the sticky!

3. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Welcome from another Florida guy.

This site is jam packed with interesting information and stories some true and maybe some not so true.

Glad you found the site and hope you enjoy it!!!!!!!!!

Jimbo

4. pav

pav

hi from lakeland fla..i drive the black 29 model a roadster p ick up jalopy, no hood,2 97 carbs..i try to go to burget king on harden blvd on fri nights ..stop in and say hi..charles..:eek:)..

5. GregRager

GregRager

Hey, Pav. Tom & Mary and the Stangolet are my neighbors.
    I live at the entrance to the development - they live further back.
    Been to the BK Lounge Cruise-In a couple times - but not lately.