Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Willys...barn find to runner in thirty days.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by milwscruffy, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride.

2. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

glad to see it coming together, like that blue

3. Thanks, I'm about done blocking and priming the last pieces. If i get them painted before Christmas that's my present to myself. :cool:

4. A couple quick pics. Just a mock-up deal for kicks and giggles. This may just work out! :D

Attached Files:

brEad, kiwijeff and kidcampbell71 like this.
  5. perkshotrods

perkshotrods

subscribed, nice work!

6. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Exxxcellent!!!:D:D:D Man it just keeps getting better and better. Colors and stance look great!

7. Thanks guys!!! Back at that real world work thing again but will stay at it a bit at a time.

8. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Looks good !! Nice job

9. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

colors work well on that big ole c-dan,Glad to hear your back at it

10. koolkemp

koolkemp

I have to agree I really love the colors together ! You are getting close !!

11. Just a quick little side note. Kind of out of the blue I found a buyer for the original motor/trans. Wasn't really even trying to sell it, but the cool part is it's heading to Switzerland !

12. farmer12

farmer12

Looks awesome, well done!!!

13. Thanks farmer and right back at you.

14. Finally a little progress...

Attached Files:

brEad, kiwijeff and kidcampbell71 like this.
  15. Wiring done, hood needs a little fine tuning, exhaust should be complete by the weekend. I think I might be running out of excuses to get this done :cool:. Next project is well on it's way also.

Attached Files:

kiwijeff and kidcampbell71 like this.
  16. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

milwscruffy,

Yep, still one of my favorite builds on the Hamb! I like the way you kept a lot of the original details and feel of the car, but discretely added the modern goodies. The color and stance are perfect! That Willys grill sure is a fine one, distinctive.:D

Great Job!

PS What about the interior?

17. Basic black, probably some tuck and roll to spice things up. Shooting for a 50's looking upgraded interior. Not too much bling...

18. It's first outside bath....

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  19. Thinking I like the baby moons . On a down side I guess for a $575.00 re-cored radiator, there must be an option you have to purchase so it doesn't leak. I may be taking the front end back off shortly. The radiator saga on this just won't leave me alone. I'm really trying to get over it but....:mad:

Attached Files:

brEad likes this.
  20. 49DiamondT

49DiamondT
    from Minnesota

milwscruffy,
    Those 2 colors look great together. Nice build.

21. koolkemp

koolkemp

Having followed this build since the beginning its awesome to see it almost done! I love the little hub caps,the wheels/tires and stance look fantastic on the ol' girl !!

22. Thanks, now it's time for the old two steps forward and one back. Going to rip the radiator out tomorrow. Tried the easy way to fix it to no avail , so time to fix it right. At least it's a steel bottom tank so might not be too bad .....

23. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Lookiin' nice and shiney!:D Baby moons look good!

24. farmer12

farmer12

X2! Love it.

25. Thanks, it's getting there. Radiator is fixed by yours truly. 3 holes in the bottom tank ! I now have 4/10 of a mile on it. First trip out was tranny slipping, problem solved.

Second trip, bad bump steer issues. Will be going after that tomorrow. Looks to be in the kingpin / spindle area. By grabbing either front tire at the 3 and 9 o'clock position and pushing and pulling on them in and out you can watch the steering arms on the spindle move up and down. This can't be good.

Also getting ready for a windshield and bumpers in the next couple days, more chrome !!!

26. Getting closer, have a whole mile on it. Waiting to hear back from Grundy Ins. before going any further. Bump steer is handled up front, thinking between the unisteer and a 17" steering wheel thats why it steers so slow. A 15" wheel might be in my future to help that out.

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  27. Only been 11 months! Still picking away at it in between constant 52-60 work weeks. the top is done, running board rubbers complete, hood fit so-so and can't work on anything with the stock hinges on it so a stainless piano hinge down the center is in the works. I would like to be able to fold one half of the hood onto the other when it's open.

Have about 70 miles on it and goes down the road excellent. A little squirrely when you let off it after getting on it hard. I'll get used to it :). Interior is next on the menu as is the hood going back on.....maybe. I'm starting to like it without it on, opinions are welcome and we'll see where this ends up on the new HAMB.

P.S. Had to pay respect to Milwaukee with the coil cover. Got it from a guy that works at the brewery and it came to me as a flat test run piece. Nice to have friends, if only I could get my beer cheaper . :D

Attached Files:

brEad and kiwijeff like this.
  28. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Lookin' fantastic! Still one of my favorite builds on the Hamb! I like it with or without the hood. How about just the upper halves of the hood with black leather straps?

29. teddyt

teddyt
    from U.S.

Wow,.......awesome build!! I had a 29 Willys Whippet back in the day. It was great to have something that was different,......thats for sure.

30. That's a thought but the way the hinge is I'd like to be able to open it more. But for sure would like to keep the weather off the engine, thanks.

Different is what I am !!! :)

Just ask anyone that knows me, and thank-you.