Register now to get rid of these ads!

What taillights are these?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by poorboy, Dec 19, 2011.

1. poorboy

poorboy

[​IMG]

Hi, are these stockers? If not, what are they? Thanks!

2. Crankhole

Crankhole

3. Crankhole

Crankhole

4. poorboy

poorboy

Thank you, you're a lifesaver!

5. Poorboy,
    If you don't have some I think it is Alchemy that repops them. It would be a cheaper way to go and they don't need restoring.

6. There is no word cheap in any description. If those are repro prices, hate to think what NOS costs.

7. I have seen junk needed restoration go for over a couple of bills if that helps you with your understanding. We are talking pitted, cracked lenses, dirty cruddy buckets and in need of new sockets.

I wouldn't give much for them but I'll just about bet a pair of NOS 41 Stude tail lights complete would be at least quadruple of the repops that alchemy has.

8. Rpmrex

Rpmrex
    from Indiana

I was thinking there was a set for sale in the classifideds section just a few days ago.

Search for them.

9. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

i have a pair listed if you need them , they are cracked but there avalible

10. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Yikes $450 :eek:

11. deanopopino

deanopopino
    from Troy, MO

You could always spring for 56 Packards! :p;)

12. I know your weren't but there are a lot of folks on here that wouldn't get it. I am just trying to make sure that everyone has the same advantage. ;)

The '41 Stude lights just scream custom, they are smooth as can be.

13. alchemy

alchemy

Yep, a full $450. As a home workshop parts producer, I have to comment (defend myself) on the price. I have at least one third of that price in the raw castings and hardware/supplies before I ever begin machining and polishing. Then it takes at least six hours of grinding, sanding, machining, fitting, polishing, and assembly for one pair of taillights.

Maybe that sounds like a big "profit" to you, but it is just now beginning to pay for all the time I had into the patterns and jigs before the first light was ever finished.

I've sold quite a few sets and have a waiting list for more. Never heard about any unhappy customers. Good luck "giving" your fiberglass Willys bodies away. :)

14. I think most old farts still remember working for a hundred bucks a week and forget what century we are in! I kniow thats what my wife says about me ... the cheezy computor I am typing this on would have cost a whole years Army pay in 1969!

Glad to see these taillights are reproduced in the good ol' USA ... thats a double bonus.

15. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

16. I'm the one that has the originals in the classified section. Step right up. I'll sell them to ya. They are nice and complete. Possible part trade on vintage speed parts.

17. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I never said your lights were not quality as they obviously are, but by the time we would get them in England they would be pretty expensive and that's a fact I'm afraid.
    I wish you continued success with them.
    Luckily enough I don't have to give my body's away as we have a good customer base and try to give them the best value possible.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

18. Adam.Perrault

Adam.Perrault
    from Phoenix AZ

Those are gorgeous tail lights. I wish I had something that they would work on...

-Adam

19. skooch

skooch

20. alchemy

alchemy

I understand you weren't saying "poor quality", I just wanted to defend the "value".

We're all good. :)

FYI, I'm shipping a dash panel to England today and the fees aren't that bad.

21. I ship stuff back home all the time Steve, it ain't that bad at all.

22. Cruiser

Cruiser

1941 Studebaker tail lights. Night Prowlers was selling plastic lens for the '41 Stude bezels, light passes through these lens best. Glass lens will vary from dark ruby red to medium red when you can find them. Ten years ago they were going for $300. to $400. a pair. I purchased six pairs from a Stude store in Florida back then and sold every set for big bucks. There's a big Stude swap meet in Oregon you might look it up. Gene Winfield sells a flat lens for the bezels and has bezels at times.

CRUISER :cool:

23. ernest t bass

ernest t bass
    from Iowa

Now those are sweet. I really love that thin design.

24. desotot

desotot

well , they are truly gorgeous, nice enough to build a car around.